Greenlight appoints director of social media
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 14 June 2011 10:05AM
Search agency Greenlight has bolstered its social media credentials with the appointment of Anna O'Brien from Citibank as its first director of social media.
Earlier this month the agency won the search account for department store House of Fraser, while the social media account went to We Are Social.
O'Brien joins Greenlight from Citibank in the US where she served as vice president of social media and created the initial roadmap and strategy for its social media presence.
During her tenure, Citi became the first financial services account verified by Twitter and the first to have a shorter, custom URL. O’Brien also initiated and led the bank’s listening programme.
Andreas Pouros, chief operating officer at Greenlight, said: "Anna's appointment places Greenlight immediately at the top of the social media marketing arena, firmly transforming the agency into a leader in the engagement marketing space."
Prior to Citi, O’Brien worked with Critical Mass and Wunderman.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- senior account director > RETAIL > GLOBAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- social media account manager > DRINKS BRAND collectivo to £25-30k + amazing bens, London
- Press Investment Senior Exec Aspire £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham