Greenlight appoints director of social media
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 14 June 2011 10:05AM
Search agency Greenlight has bolstered its social media credentials with the appointment of Anna O'Brien from Citibank as its first director of social media.
Earlier this month the agency won the search account for department store House of Fraser, while the social media account went to We Are Social.
O'Brien joins Greenlight from Citibank in the US where she served as vice president of social media and created the initial roadmap and strategy for its social media presence.
During her tenure, Citi became the first financial services account verified by Twitter and the first to have a shorter, custom URL. O’Brien also initiated and led the bank’s listening programme.
Andreas Pouros, chief operating officer at Greenlight, said: "Anna's appointment places Greenlight immediately at the top of the social media marketing arena, firmly transforming the agency into a leader in the engagement marketing space."
Prior to Citi, O’Brien worked with Critical Mass and Wunderman.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- International Cross-Media Account Manager- Up to £40K Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Comms Account Manager: £35k; TV/ENT's client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Web Analyst - 2 Positions. RS Components Market Rate., London, Corby or Oxford
- Assistant Loyalty Programme Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South West England
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%