Greenlight appoints director of social media
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 14 June 2011 10:05AM
Search agency Greenlight has bolstered its social media credentials with the appointment of Anna O'Brien from Citibank as its first director of social media.
Earlier this month the agency won the search account for department store House of Fraser, while the social media account went to We Are Social.
O'Brien joins Greenlight from Citibank in the US where she served as vice president of social media and created the initial roadmap and strategy for its social media presence.
During her tenure, Citi became the first financial services account verified by Twitter and the first to have a shorter, custom URL. O’Brien also initiated and led the bank’s listening programme.
Andreas Pouros, chief operating officer at Greenlight, said: "Anna's appointment places Greenlight immediately at the top of the social media marketing arena, firmly transforming the agency into a leader in the engagement marketing space."
Prior to Citi, O’Brien worked with Critical Mass and Wunderman.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Project Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £19000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Marketing & Comms Executive Major Players £28000 - £35000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Designer Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Designer - UI Designer Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Copywriter - Conceptual, Charity, Direct Marketing Agency ADLIB Upto £50k, Bristol
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers