Greenlight appoints director of social media
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Tuesday, 14 June 2011 10:05AM
Search agency Greenlight has bolstered its social media credentials with the appointment of Anna O'Brien from Citibank as its first director of social media.
Earlier this month the agency won the search account for department store House of Fraser, while the social media account went to We Are Social.
O'Brien joins Greenlight from Citibank in the US where she served as vice president of social media and created the initial roadmap and strategy for its social media presence.
During her tenure, Citi became the first financial services account verified by Twitter and the first to have a shorter, custom URL. O’Brien also initiated and led the bank’s listening programme.
Andreas Pouros, chief operating officer at Greenlight, said: "Anna's appointment places Greenlight immediately at the top of the social media marketing arena, firmly transforming the agency into a leader in the engagement marketing space."
Prior to Citi, O’Brien worked with Critical Mass and Wunderman.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Business Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager/ Ad Ops Europe Aspire Mobile c£45,000 + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Agency Sales Account Director - Mobile Location Advertising Aspire Mobile c£70,000 + 50% bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media