EMI's Vidler joins AA's Bailey review panel
Andria Vidler, the chief executive of EMI UK & Ireland, has joined the panel set up by the Advertising Association in reaction to last week's Bailey review on the commercialisation and sexualisation of childhood.
The panel is headed by former COI chief executive Mark Lund and will oversee the implementation of the ad-related proposals from the report authored by Reg Bailey, the chief executive of Mothers' Union.
Vidler said: "Engaging and communicating with young people across digital platforms is now a critical part of our day-to-day business and this panel is a great forum for EMI to share the benefits of our experience with the other members while also learning from their experiences.
"It's vital we stay up to date with the concerns of parents and ensure that we continue to inform and empower them."
Vidler said EMI supported the music industry's parental advisory system which is in the process of being updated to cover all digital platforms however it is unlikely that the music industry will support Bailey’s call for age-ratings to be introduced for music videos.
Both EMI and the recorded music trade body BPI declined to say whether they backed this recommendation.
Other proposals from the report including banning sexualised outdoor ads near schools and preventing under-16s being used for peer-to-peer marketing.
It also suggests establishing a website which parents can use to register complaints about unsuitable ad, product or service.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager air recruitment £28k-£35k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign