Desmond predicts YouView success at expense of Sky
Richard Desmond, founder of Northern & Shell and owner of Channel 5, believes the long-awaited internet TV service YouView is set to significantly shake-up the market, at the expense of Sky.
A bullish Desmond believes the delayed venture between the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, TalkTalk, BT and Arqiva, is back on track since Lord Sugar has taken the lead as non executive chairman.
He told Media Week: "YouView is probably going to be the biggest thing on television since Sky launched."
Read Richard Desmond’s comments on YouView and wider media issues here.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Graduate Recruitment Consultant Daniel Marks London Basic + Uncapped Bonus (1st year £30k OTE), Central London, Oxford Circus
- PR - Account Manager Major Players £130 - £180 per day, London
- Social Media Manager, Travel Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £44,000, Bromley
- SAE / JAM - Consumer Major Players £130 - £180 per day, London
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline
- Ewan McGregor parodies ad industry in BT campaign
- Jeremy Tester to leave Sky Media