Desmond predicts YouView success at expense of Sky
Richard Desmond, founder of Northern & Shell and owner of Channel 5, believes the long-awaited internet TV service YouView is set to significantly shake-up the market, at the expense of Sky.
A bullish Desmond believes the delayed venture between the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, TalkTalk, BT and Arqiva, is back on track since Lord Sugar has taken the lead as non executive chairman.
He told Media Week: "YouView is probably going to be the biggest thing on television since Sky launched."
Read Richard Desmond’s comments on YouView and wider media issues here.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency