Desmond predicts YouView success at expense of Sky
Richard Desmond, founder of Northern & Shell and owner of Channel 5, believes the long-awaited internet TV service YouView is set to significantly shake-up the market, at the expense of Sky.
A bullish Desmond believes the delayed venture between the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, TalkTalk, BT and Arqiva, is back on track since Lord Sugar has taken the lead as non executive chairman.
He told Media Week: "YouView is probably going to be the biggest thing on television since Sky launched."
Read Richard Desmond’s comments on YouView and wider media issues here.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £55000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Graphic Web Designer Purple Consultancy £25000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Digital Creative Director Network Career Consultants £80000 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Freelance Junior/Middleweight Designer Purple Consultancy £150 - £200 per day, London
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Watch: Ant and Dec star in Morrisons' festive campaign
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- DigitasLBi is on hunt for new media leader as Ling exits