Desmond predicts YouView success at expense of Sky
Richard Desmond, founder of Northern & Shell and owner of Channel 5, believes the long-awaited internet TV service YouView is set to significantly shake-up the market, at the expense of Sky.
A bullish Desmond believes the delayed venture between the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, TalkTalk, BT and Arqiva, is back on track since Lord Sugar has taken the lead as non executive chairman.
He told Media Week: "YouView is probably going to be the biggest thing on television since Sky launched."
Read Richard Desmond’s comments on YouView and wider media issues here.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Social Engagement Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy