Desmond predicts YouView success at expense of Sky
Richard Desmond, founder of Northern & Shell and owner of Channel 5, believes the long-awaited internet TV service YouView is set to significantly shake-up the market, at the expense of Sky.
A bullish Desmond believes the delayed venture between the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, TalkTalk, BT and Arqiva, is back on track since Lord Sugar has taken the lead as non executive chairman.
He told Media Week: "YouView is probably going to be the biggest thing on television since Sky launched."
Read Richard Desmond’s comments on YouView and wider media issues here.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Dutch Speaking Marketing Manager Ninesharp £35000 per annum, West London
- Comms Account Manager - BEAUTY FMCG Ultimate Asset £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs