Johnny Fearless wins £20m Toshiba account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 June 2011 10:50AM
Toshiba has hired the start-up agency Johnny Fearless to its estimated £20m pan-European ad account.
Johnny Fearless, the agency launched earlier this year by the former Grey managing partner Neil Hughston, won the business after a pitch involving overseas agencies.
The agency will create a campaign to launch Toshiba's new tablet product, which will compete with products from Apple, Samsung and BlackBerry, in the UK and across Europe.
Toshiba, which spent £3m on advertising in the UK last year, is the first client for the start-up, which launched in February.
Grey London was the previous incumbent on Toshiba's advertising across Europe.
Grey created some high-profile campaigns for the Toshiba brand since first picking up the pan-European business in 2007.
Its last major campaign was 'The Space Chair Project' in 2009, which involved sending a chair 98,000 feet above the Earth.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Partner Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, Brentford, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- 8 things I learnt as an IPA ad student
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Campaign Viral Chart: Always ad reaches no 1 for second time
- Agencies need to be more creative about creativity
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency