Johnny Fearless wins £20m Toshiba account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 June 2011 10:50AM
Toshiba has hired the start-up agency Johnny Fearless to its estimated £20m pan-European ad account.
Johnny Fearless, the agency launched earlier this year by the former Grey managing partner Neil Hughston, won the business after a pitch involving overseas agencies.
The agency will create a campaign to launch Toshiba's new tablet product, which will compete with products from Apple, Samsung and BlackBerry, in the UK and across Europe.
Toshiba, which spent £3m on advertising in the UK last year, is the first client for the start-up, which launched in February.
Grey London was the previous incumbent on Toshiba's advertising across Europe.
Grey created some high-profile campaigns for the Toshiba brand since first picking up the pan-European business in 2007.
Its last major campaign was 'The Space Chair Project' in 2009, which involved sending a chair 98,000 feet above the Earth.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Events Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Adam Recruitment Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Manager/ Junior Account Director - Brand Coms ADLIB £33k - £38k , Bristol
- Digital Project Manager - Senior Premier Media Negotiable, London
- Channel Marketing Manager, London, up to £46k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £46000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, North London
- Graduate Insight Executive Elizabeth Norman International Ã‚£18000 - Ã‚£20000 per annum, London