Johnny Fearless wins £20m Toshiba account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 June 2011 10:50AM
Toshiba has hired the start-up agency Johnny Fearless to its estimated £20m pan-European ad account.
Johnny Fearless, the agency launched earlier this year by the former Grey managing partner Neil Hughston, won the business after a pitch involving overseas agencies.
The agency will create a campaign to launch Toshiba's new tablet product, which will compete with products from Apple, Samsung and BlackBerry, in the UK and across Europe.
Toshiba, which spent £3m on advertising in the UK last year, is the first client for the start-up, which launched in February.
Grey London was the previous incumbent on Toshiba's advertising across Europe.
Grey created some high-profile campaigns for the Toshiba brand since first picking up the pan-European business in 2007.
Its last major campaign was 'The Space Chair Project' in 2009, which involved sending a chair 98,000 feet above the Earth.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £55,000-£70,000, London (Greater)
- Database Executive Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £35,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Selections Executive Direct Recruitment £30,000 + Benefits, London