Agencies line up for Clarks ad brief
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 June 2011 11:15AM
Clarks International, the footwear retailer, is looking for an agency to oversee a chunk of its advertising business.
The brand has contacted agencies directly with an RFI as it looks to appoint a shop to handle an unspecified advertising project.
It is unclear how the approach to agencies will impact on Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which is the incumbent on the Clarks International advertising business. The agency won the £6 million account in 2007 from St Luke's, which had held the business for ten years.
AMV created Clarks' most recent "stand tall" campaign in a bid to lift the brand out of the "sensible shoe" category and promote it as a fashion brand. The ad featured giant children and young adults wearing a pair of Clarks with the endframe reading: "Stand tall, walk Clarks."
Clarks has also worked with the retail specialist Yellowdoor, which created a campaign for its Originals shoes range.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Integrated Project Manager (Production Agency) Source £25000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Marketing and Communications Officer NFP Resourcing £28,000, Coventry, West Midlands
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media