Agencies line up for Clarks ad brief
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 June 2011 11:15AM
Clarks International, the footwear retailer, is looking for an agency to oversee a chunk of its advertising business.
The brand has contacted agencies directly with an RFI as it looks to appoint a shop to handle an unspecified advertising project.
It is unclear how the approach to agencies will impact on Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which is the incumbent on the Clarks International advertising business. The agency won the £6 million account in 2007 from St Luke's, which had held the business for ten years.
AMV created Clarks' most recent "stand tall" campaign in a bid to lift the brand out of the "sensible shoe" category and promote it as a fashion brand. The ad featured giant children and young adults wearing a pair of Clarks with the endframe reading: "Stand tall, walk Clarks."
Clarks has also worked with the retail specialist Yellowdoor, which created a campaign for its Originals shoes range.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £65 - £80K + benefits. , Central London
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £45K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection Up to £75K + benefits, including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £48500 + non contributory pension + additional benefits, Surrey
- Senior Brand Strategist / Planning Director Rare Selection Up to £65000 + excellent benefits, including pension and bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts