Agencies line up for Clarks ad brief
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 June 2011 11:15AM
Clarks International, the footwear retailer, is looking for an agency to oversee a chunk of its advertising business.
The brand has contacted agencies directly with an RFI as it looks to appoint a shop to handle an unspecified advertising project.
It is unclear how the approach to agencies will impact on Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which is the incumbent on the Clarks International advertising business. The agency won the £6 million account in 2007 from St Luke's, which had held the business for ten years.
AMV created Clarks' most recent "stand tall" campaign in a bid to lift the brand out of the "sensible shoe" category and promote it as a fashion brand. The ad featured giant children and young adults wearing a pair of Clarks with the endframe reading: "Stand tall, walk Clarks."
Clarks has also worked with the retail specialist Yellowdoor, which created a campaign for its Originals shoes range.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- SEO Director Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PPC Strategist Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits + Bonus, London
- Search Executive Dot-Gap £26k, London (Greater)
- Head of Search - SEO Ultimate Asset £50000 - £65000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, Reigate
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014