Agencies line up for Clarks ad brief
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 June 2011 11:15AM
Clarks International, the footwear retailer, is looking for an agency to oversee a chunk of its advertising business.
The brand has contacted agencies directly with an RFI as it looks to appoint a shop to handle an unspecified advertising project.
It is unclear how the approach to agencies will impact on Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which is the incumbent on the Clarks International advertising business. The agency won the £6 million account in 2007 from St Luke's, which had held the business for ten years.
AMV created Clarks' most recent "stand tall" campaign in a bid to lift the brand out of the "sensible shoe" category and promote it as a fashion brand. The ad featured giant children and young adults wearing a pair of Clarks with the endframe reading: "Stand tall, walk Clarks."
Clarks has also worked with the retail specialist Yellowdoor, which created a campaign for its Originals shoes range.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- Campaign Viral Chart: first kiss video is most-shared ad this week
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push