Agencies line up for Clarks ad brief
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 June 2011 11:15AM
Clarks International, the footwear retailer, is looking for an agency to oversee a chunk of its advertising business.
The brand has contacted agencies directly with an RFI as it looks to appoint a shop to handle an unspecified advertising project.
It is unclear how the approach to agencies will impact on Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which is the incumbent on the Clarks International advertising business. The agency won the £6 million account in 2007 from St Luke's, which had held the business for ten years.
AMV created Clarks' most recent "stand tall" campaign in a bid to lift the brand out of the "sensible shoe" category and promote it as a fashion brand. The ad featured giant children and young adults wearing a pair of Clarks with the endframe reading: "Stand tall, walk Clarks."
Clarks has also worked with the retail specialist Yellowdoor, which created a campaign for its Originals shoes range.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Content Manager Mortimer Spinks £22000 - £29000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits , Rugby
- Senior Integrated Project Manager Premier Media £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- DIGITAL ANALYTICS MANAGER Mortimer Spinks £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Benefits, City of London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure