The Apprentice magazine special delivers 7.2 million viewers
Last night's edition of 'The Apprentice', featuring a host of media agency figures, attracted an audience of 7.2 million, with 3.2 million switching over to watch 'You're Fired' on BBC Two.
This week the apprentices were required to create and design a free magazine with the help of designers from Shortlist Media and present their title to media agencies.
Covered, Logic’s business lads magazine, failed to impress Claudine Collins, managing partner and joint head of investment at MediaCom, or chief executive Lindsay Pattison and the team at "boutique" agency Maxus.
The agencies liked the concept behind Venture’s magazine for the over-sixties but were concerned the patronising features and title – Hip Replacement – would put off advertisers.
Covered was offered just £9,000 from Maxus and £7,500 from MediaCom for its advertising space, while Hip Replacement won an early lead with offers of £12,000 and £16,850.
However, in a shock ending Logic won the assignment when Carat offered to buy every page in Covered for £60,000 and refused to spend any money with Hip Replacement.
Dominic Williams, press trading director at Carat, said: "For £60k I would have wanted everything - the magazine, online, first refusal on the next issue. But the main point was to make sure that Hip Replacement didn’t win.
"Hip Replacement’s presentation was poorly put together and they wouldn’t negotiate."
According to unofficial overnight figures ‘The Apprentice’ had an audience of 7.22 million between 9pm and 10pm across BBC One and BBC One HD, slightly down on last week’s audience of 7.49 million. The programme’s share was 29.7%.
Collins also appeared on the follow-up show ‘The Apprentice: You’re Fired’ which attracted 3.08 million viewers on BBC Two and BBC HD between 10pm and 10.30pm, a 15.5% share of the available audience.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Mobile RTB Sales Director Ultimate Asset £55000 - £65000 per annum + + comm + bens, London