Old Spice cleans up at the D&AD awards
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 June 2011 10:00PM
Wieden & Kennedy Portland swept the board at the D&AD awards, receiving a total of nine awards for its Old Spice "the man your man could smell like" campaign.
The Old Spice work picked up two Black Pencils, one in the 'TV commercial campaign' category and another in the 'TV commercials 21-40 seconds' category.
Black Pencils also went to @Radical.media for its Arcade Fire promo "the wilderness downtown" for Google Creative Labs in the'web films' category, Samuel Wilkinson Design for its "Plumen 001" lightbulb for Hulger in the 'consumer product design' category, JWT New York for its "Burma" campaign for Human Rights Watch in the "installations" category and Apple Industries for the iPad in 'consumer product design'.
Among the Yellow Pencil winners was Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam for Nike "write the future" in the ‘TV commercials over 120 seconds' category.
Other winners included Sao Paulo-based AlmapBBDO, which won two Yellow Pencils for its "music, see what it’s made of" campaign for Billboard. Ogilvy Singapore won a Yellow Pencil for the illustration for the 'press and poster advertising' category for Faber Castell’s "self portrait" campaign.
The D&AD student awards were combined with the professional awards for the first time this year and the winners of the 2011 'Student of the Year' award were Christian Asmar, Manu Manceda and Virginia Feito of Miami Ad School, Madrid.
The awards ceremony took place this evening (Thursday, June 16th) at the Honourable Artillary Company in London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £65 - £80K + benefits. , Central London
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £45K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection Up to £75K + benefits, including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £48500 + non contributory pension + additional benefits, Surrey
- Senior Brand Strategist / Planning Director Rare Selection Up to £65000 + excellent benefits, including pension and bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts