UK agencies put in a no show in Radio Lions nominations
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 June 2011 09:16AM
CANNES 2011: In a sad indictment of the state of radio advertising in the UK, no UK agencies have received a nomination in the Radio Lions shortlist at this year's Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Creative agencies from South Africa received the most nominations with 35, Australia and Singapore got 11, and the US got 10.
BBDO Cape Town won three nominations for the Mars ads "repeat", interrupt" and "would you rather," while DDB South Africa got four nominations for McDonald's "happy boss," "Billy," "Theodore" and "Tiffany" ads.
The disappointing representation of UK agencies in the radio awards at Cannes follows a trend seen last year, when jury president and chairman of Canadian agency Taxi, Paul Lavoie, noted "The UK didn't show up, which was a surprise".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Planner, Top London Creative Agency Direct Recruitment £50,000-£65,000, London (Greater)
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers