Brazil sets the pace in Cannes Press shortlist with UK trailing
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 June 2011 09:46AM
CANNES 2011: There's a disappointing UK showing in the Press category at this year's Cannes Lions, with only four UK agencies picking up nominations for the awards today.
Dare’s "dog poo," "spider," and "paddling pool" executions for Greene King earned the agency a nomination in the Alcoholic Drinks section, while Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO's work for Tower Hamlets followed up its nomination in the Outdoor category by making it on to the Press shortlist too.
Land Rover and Harvey Nichols, two brands that are no stranger to Press Awards, completed the UK's offering. It was Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe Y&R’s "postage stamp" ad that earned Land Rover's nomination, while Harvey Nichol’s is shortlisted thanks to DDB London's "summer sale".
Brazil is by far the most shortlisted country in the Press Category, accumulating a total of 31 nominations overall. France has been nominated on 12 occasions, closely followed by Spain on 11 and the US on nine.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Milton Keynes
- Senior Digital Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham