Brazil sets the pace in Cannes Press shortlist with UK trailing
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 June 2011 09:46AM
CANNES 2011: There's a disappointing UK showing in the Press category at this year's Cannes Lions, with only four UK agencies picking up nominations for the awards today.
Dare’s "dog poo," "spider," and "paddling pool" executions for Greene King earned the agency a nomination in the Alcoholic Drinks section, while Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO's work for Tower Hamlets followed up its nomination in the Outdoor category by making it on to the Press shortlist too.
Land Rover and Harvey Nichols, two brands that are no stranger to Press Awards, completed the UK's offering. It was Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe Y&R’s "postage stamp" ad that earned Land Rover's nomination, while Harvey Nichol’s is shortlisted thanks to DDB London's "summer sale".
Brazil is by far the most shortlisted country in the Press Category, accumulating a total of 31 nominations overall. France has been nominated on 12 occasions, closely followed by Spain on 11 and the US on nine.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Digital Account Manager (Surrey) become £35k, Surrey
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief