Brazil sets the pace in Cannes Press shortlist with UK trailing
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 June 2011 09:46AM
CANNES 2011: There's a disappointing UK showing in the Press category at this year's Cannes Lions, with only four UK agencies picking up nominations for the awards today.
Dare’s "dog poo," "spider," and "paddling pool" executions for Greene King earned the agency a nomination in the Alcoholic Drinks section, while Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO's work for Tower Hamlets followed up its nomination in the Outdoor category by making it on to the Press shortlist too.
Land Rover and Harvey Nichols, two brands that are no stranger to Press Awards, completed the UK's offering. It was Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe Y&R’s "postage stamp" ad that earned Land Rover's nomination, while Harvey Nichol’s is shortlisted thanks to DDB London's "summer sale".
Brazil is by far the most shortlisted country in the Press Category, accumulating a total of 31 nominations overall. France has been nominated on 12 occasions, closely followed by Spain on 11 and the US on nine.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager (ALL MEDIA) Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Planner Dot-Gap Competitive, London (Greater)
- Affiliate Account Manager Dot-Gap £25k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Media Operations Executive Dot-Gap £25k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director: Liverpool Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Liverpool
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne