Brazil sets the pace in Cannes Press shortlist with UK trailing
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 June 2011 09:46AM
CANNES 2011: There's a disappointing UK showing in the Press category at this year's Cannes Lions, with only four UK agencies picking up nominations for the awards today.
Dare’s "dog poo," "spider," and "paddling pool" executions for Greene King earned the agency a nomination in the Alcoholic Drinks section, while Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO's work for Tower Hamlets followed up its nomination in the Outdoor category by making it on to the Press shortlist too.
Land Rover and Harvey Nichols, two brands that are no stranger to Press Awards, completed the UK's offering. It was Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe Y&R’s "postage stamp" ad that earned Land Rover's nomination, while Harvey Nichol’s is shortlisted thanks to DDB London's "summer sale".
Brazil is by far the most shortlisted country in the Press Category, accumulating a total of 31 nominations overall. France has been nominated on 12 occasions, closely followed by Spain on 11 and the US on nine.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Art Director Salt £250 - £350 per day, London
- Internal Communications Executive EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £25000 per annum, City of London
- Production/Traffic Manager - Part Time Network Career Consultants £21000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Manager/Junior Account Director The Great & The Good £38000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Media Planner - FMCG Brand Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum + excellent benefits package, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy