Brazil sets the pace in Cannes Press shortlist with UK trailing
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 June 2011 09:46AM
CANNES 2011: There's a disappointing UK showing in the Press category at this year's Cannes Lions, with only four UK agencies picking up nominations for the awards today.
Dare’s "dog poo," "spider," and "paddling pool" executions for Greene King earned the agency a nomination in the Alcoholic Drinks section, while Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO's work for Tower Hamlets followed up its nomination in the Outdoor category by making it on to the Press shortlist too.
Land Rover and Harvey Nichols, two brands that are no stranger to Press Awards, completed the UK's offering. It was Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe Y&R’s "postage stamp" ad that earned Land Rover's nomination, while Harvey Nichol’s is shortlisted thanks to DDB London's "summer sale".
Brazil is by far the most shortlisted country in the Press Category, accumulating a total of 31 nominations overall. France has been nominated on 12 occasions, closely followed by Spain on 11 and the US on nine.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency