MediaCom, ZenithOptimedia and Publicis battle for Cannes Media Lions
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 June 2011 10:02AM
CANNES 2011: UK agencies, led by MediaCom, ZenithOptimedia and creative agency Publicis London, have been shortlisted for 17 Cannes Media Lions awards.
WPP's MediaCom has received three nominations. Its "galaxy reading" work for Galaxy has been recognised in the Best Use of Integrated Media, while its T-Mobile "welcome back" activity received two nominations for Best Use of Integrated Media category and Commercial Public Services.
Publicis London received two nominations for Renault's "the Megane experiment" – one for Best Use of Integrated Media and one for the Cars and Automotive Service category.
Publicis Groupe's ZenithOptimedia has been shortlisted for Aviva "you are the big picture" in the Financial Products and Services category and for its O2 "priority" work in the Commercial Public Service category.
The entries for last year's work do not reflect the subsequent split into Zenith and Optimedia operations.
A number of other creative agencies were on the shortlist including: Saatchi & Saatchi London for T-Mobile "welcome back," JWT London for Huggies' "little bundles of laughs" campaign; and Archibald Ingall Stretton in the Best Use of Special Events for its "coppafeel!" Breast Cancer Charity work.
Grey was shortlisted for The British Heart Foundation "angina monologues," while McCann London was nominated for the AA "homes and property viral".
Manning Gottlieb OMD was nominated in the Best Use of Branded Content category for its "GT academy" work for Nissan/Sony PlayStation, and PHD London's work for Irn Bru made the shortlist in the Best Localised Campaign category.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - Design & Marketing Agency ADLIB £ Competitive, Hampshire
- Marketing Executive - Cloud Marketing & Lead Capture Software Recruitment Revolution Up to £25,000 (DOE) + Benefits, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Marketing Data Analyst - CRM / eCRM ADLIB £Competitive, Bath
- Brand Strategy Consultant Rare Selection £30 - £40K + excellent benefits incl pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive, Top branding and design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'