MediaCom, ZenithOptimedia and Publicis battle for Cannes Media Lions
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 June 2011 10:02AM
CANNES 2011: UK agencies, led by MediaCom, ZenithOptimedia and creative agency Publicis London, have been shortlisted for 17 Cannes Media Lions awards.
WPP's MediaCom has received three nominations. Its "galaxy reading" work for Galaxy has been recognised in the Best Use of Integrated Media, while its T-Mobile "welcome back" activity received two nominations for Best Use of Integrated Media category and Commercial Public Services.
Publicis London received two nominations for Renault's "the Megane experiment" – one for Best Use of Integrated Media and one for the Cars and Automotive Service category.
Publicis Groupe's ZenithOptimedia has been shortlisted for Aviva "you are the big picture" in the Financial Products and Services category and for its O2 "priority" work in the Commercial Public Service category.
The entries for last year's work do not reflect the subsequent split into Zenith and Optimedia operations.
A number of other creative agencies were on the shortlist including: Saatchi & Saatchi London for T-Mobile "welcome back," JWT London for Huggies' "little bundles of laughs" campaign; and Archibald Ingall Stretton in the Best Use of Special Events for its "coppafeel!" Breast Cancer Charity work.
Grey was shortlisted for The British Heart Foundation "angina monologues," while McCann London was nominated for the AA "homes and property viral".
Manning Gottlieb OMD was nominated in the Best Use of Branded Content category for its "GT academy" work for Nissan/Sony PlayStation, and PHD London's work for Irn Bru made the shortlist in the Best Localised Campaign category.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager JV Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Greater Manchester
- Consumer Retention Manager (CRM) - Client-side Silverdrum circa £50,000 + bonus, London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote