MediaCom, ZenithOptimedia and Publicis battle for Cannes Media Lions
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 June 2011 10:02AM
CANNES 2011: UK agencies, led by MediaCom, ZenithOptimedia and creative agency Publicis London, have been shortlisted for 17 Cannes Media Lions awards.
WPP's MediaCom has received three nominations. Its "galaxy reading" work for Galaxy has been recognised in the Best Use of Integrated Media, while its T-Mobile "welcome back" activity received two nominations for Best Use of Integrated Media category and Commercial Public Services.
Publicis London received two nominations for Renault's "the Megane experiment" – one for Best Use of Integrated Media and one for the Cars and Automotive Service category.
Publicis Groupe's ZenithOptimedia has been shortlisted for Aviva "you are the big picture" in the Financial Products and Services category and for its O2 "priority" work in the Commercial Public Service category.
The entries for last year's work do not reflect the subsequent split into Zenith and Optimedia operations.
A number of other creative agencies were on the shortlist including: Saatchi & Saatchi London for T-Mobile "welcome back," JWT London for Huggies' "little bundles of laughs" campaign; and Archibald Ingall Stretton in the Best Use of Special Events for its "coppafeel!" Breast Cancer Charity work.
Grey was shortlisted for The British Heart Foundation "angina monologues," while McCann London was nominated for the AA "homes and property viral".
Manning Gottlieb OMD was nominated in the Best Use of Branded Content category for its "GT academy" work for Nissan/Sony PlayStation, and PHD London's work for Irn Bru made the shortlist in the Best Localised Campaign category.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- CRM and Direct Mail Manager Salt £60000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Client Manager Stopgap £55000 per annum + pro rata - 2-3 months, London
- Freelance Artworkers Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20 - £22 per hour, Milton Keynes
- Media Manager | Global brewing company Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus , Bedfordshire
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Agencies need to make more use of audience insight, says Mark Creighton