Virgin Media hires Lloyds Banking Group marketer Michael Payne
Virgin Media has appointed Michael Payne, currently 1-2-1 marketing director at the retail division of Lloyds Banking Group, to the new role of director of strategic customer insights and 1-2-1 marketing.
In the new role Payne will be responsible for linking customer information to relevant marketing campaigns and using data to identify future marketing opportunities and customer targeting criteria.
Payne will join Virgin Media's newly established Customer Marketing Organisation, alongside Jeff Dodds, who became executive director of brand and marketing communications last week. He will report to chief marketing officer Nigel Gilbert.
Prior to joining Lloyds, Payne was a partner at auditing giant Accenture, where he led the marketing and customer strategy group for its UK financial services practice, working with blue chip companies on their marketing strategies.
Gilbert said: "Michael is an exceptional executive with unmatched experience in commercial and behavioural marketing. He will make a valuable contribution to the team as we put the customer at the heart of everything we do."
Gilbert's appointment as Virgin Media’s first chief marketing officer in December 2010 followed the announcement that Ashley Stockwell, the former executive director of brand and marketing, was to leave the company to pursue other challenges.
Gilbert also previously worked at Lloyds Banking Group. He was marketing director until December 2009, when he made the decision to leave the company for "personal reasons".
A spokesman for Virgin Media said Payne would start in the "coming months".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Branding Agency - CONTRACT & PERM Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+generous benefits & bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager - BRANDING & STRAGEGY Royds Raphael £38k-£45k+neg, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - ACCOUNT MANAGER Royds Raphael £35K+ & generous benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £37000 per annum, City of London
- Trading and Investment Manager - Media Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts