Ladbrokes plots innovation strategy with £50m investment
By Andy McCormick, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 21 June 2011 08:30AM
Ladbrokes is to refocus its marketing strategy by using insights gained online to shape its above-the-line advertising.
The plans are part of a £50m brand investment aimed at positioning Ladbrokes as an innovative bookmaker.
As part of the strategy, the betting firm has moved its £8m ad account out of M&C Saatchi and into SapientNitro.
The switch in strategy follows an 11.9% drop in profits at Ladbrokes in 2010.
‘We realise it is imperative to strengthen our capabilities in areas such as sportsbook, technology and online marketing,’ said Ladbrokes chief executive Richard Glynn in February.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Senior Shopper Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Visual Merchandiser & Store Design Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £80 - £150 per day, London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood