Ladbrokes plots innovation strategy with £50m investment
By Andy McCormick, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 21 June 2011 08:30AM
Ladbrokes is to refocus its marketing strategy by using insights gained online to shape its above-the-line advertising.
The plans are part of a £50m brand investment aimed at positioning Ladbrokes as an innovative bookmaker.
As part of the strategy, the betting firm has moved its £8m ad account out of M&C Saatchi and into SapientNitro.
The switch in strategy follows an 11.9% drop in profits at Ladbrokes in 2010.
‘We realise it is imperative to strengthen our capabilities in areas such as sportsbook, technology and online marketing,’ said Ladbrokes chief executive Richard Glynn in February.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager Online Resourcing Attractive salary and benefits, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Account Manager > ATL > INDEPENDENT AGENCY collectivo Up to £30,000 per annum, West London
- Graphic Designer Nu Creative Talent £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Web Designer Nu Creative Talent £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, Manchester
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement