Ladbrokes plots innovation strategy with £50m investment
By Andy McCormick, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 21 June 2011 08:30AM
Ladbrokes is to refocus its marketing strategy by using insights gained online to shape its above-the-line advertising.
The plans are part of a £50m brand investment aimed at positioning Ladbrokes as an innovative bookmaker.
As part of the strategy, the betting firm has moved its £8m ad account out of M&C Saatchi and into SapientNitro.
The switch in strategy follows an 11.9% drop in profits at Ladbrokes in 2010.
‘We realise it is imperative to strengthen our capabilities in areas such as sportsbook, technology and online marketing,’ said Ladbrokes chief executive Richard Glynn in February.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London