Ladbrokes plots innovation strategy with £50m investment
By Andy McCormick, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 21 June 2011 08:30AM
Ladbrokes is to refocus its marketing strategy by using insights gained online to shape its above-the-line advertising.
The plans are part of a £50m brand investment aimed at positioning Ladbrokes as an innovative bookmaker.
As part of the strategy, the betting firm has moved its £8m ad account out of M&C Saatchi and into SapientNitro.
The switch in strategy follows an 11.9% drop in profits at Ladbrokes in 2010.
‘We realise it is imperative to strengthen our capabilities in areas such as sportsbook, technology and online marketing,’ said Ladbrokes chief executive Richard Glynn in February.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Head of Product Management for Working Age Bupa Competitive + Bonus + Car + Benefits, Salford
- Digital Project manager, Digital Agency, £35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Producer - Creative Agency's Source £200 - £300 per day, London
- Senior Project Manager - Digital Agency £50K Source £45000 - £53000 per annum, London