AKQA spearheads UK hopes of Cyber Lions haul
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 21 June 2011 09:15AM
CANNES 2011: The UK has put in a strong showing in this year's Cyber Lions awards shortlist, with 42 nominations in total.
AKQA lead the way with seven nominations, four for Nike – "the chance," "Nike football and team edition," "Nike grid" and Nike women "training club" – and three for Heineken's "star player".
Wieden+Kennedy secured a nomination for Honda "jazz" and four for Nokia – "N8 campaign," "Ovi store," "Ovi maps" and "the world's smallest stop-motion character".
TBWA London followed with three for Wrigley's "super mega rainbow updater", while Mother, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, DDB UK, Adam & Eve, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, Profero, Euro RSCG and Saatchi & Saatchi were among the other UK agencies with work shortlisted.
The UK submitted 298 entries, slightly up on 282 last year and second only to the US, which had a staggering 597 campaigns entered.
The Gold, Silver and Bronze Lions will be presented at tomorrow night's ceremony.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne