AKQA spearheads UK hopes of Cyber Lions haul
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 21 June 2011 09:15AM
CANNES 2011: The UK has put in a strong showing in this year's Cyber Lions awards shortlist, with 42 nominations in total.
AKQA lead the way with seven nominations, four for Nike – "the chance," "Nike football and team edition," "Nike grid" and Nike women "training club" – and three for Heineken's "star player".
Wieden+Kennedy secured a nomination for Honda "jazz" and four for Nokia – "N8 campaign," "Ovi store," "Ovi maps" and "the world's smallest stop-motion character".
TBWA London followed with three for Wrigley's "super mega rainbow updater", while Mother, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, DDB UK, Adam & Eve, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, Profero, Euro RSCG and Saatchi & Saatchi were among the other UK agencies with work shortlisted.
The UK submitted 298 entries, slightly up on 282 last year and second only to the US, which had a staggering 597 campaigns entered.
The Gold, Silver and Bronze Lions will be presented at tomorrow night's ceremony.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Lead Digital Designer become £38 - 46K, London (South), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Adam Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Search Manager (PPC) Dot-Gap £40k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role