Kirstie Allsopp fronts Persil Small & Mighty activity
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 June 2011 01:08PM
Unilever-owned Persil has hired celebrity mum Kirstie Allsopp to front its TV ads for its detergent product, Small & Mighty.
Small & Mighty was rolled out in 2007, marking Unilever's biggest laundry launch for 10 years. The product is a concentrated version of its Persil brand.
Unilever has now launched a new Small & Mighty bottle in 18, 28, 54 and 85-wash packs.
The product's main selling point is its claimed speed, in comparison to rival products.
It has now launched an above-the-line campaign and marks the first time that the brand has worked with Kirstie Allsopp, who will front a four-week national campaign on Channel 4.
The spot features Allsopp in three advertorial-style spots, running across the ad breaks in selected 30-minute programmes.
The campaign, created by branding agency Addiction Content, features Allsopp performing 30-minute "mini miracles" such as creating an in-door herb garden or baking home-made bread with children.
The spots will be accompanied by a PR campaign that runs until the end of August, brokered by Mindshare.
The PR activity, created by GolinHarris, is also themed around parents being creative with their children.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Product Development Manager Premier Inn £Competitive + Benefits, Dunstable, Bedfordshire
- PR Account Manager Major Players £28000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014