Kirstie Allsopp fronts Persil Small & Mighty activity
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 June 2011 01:08PM
Unilever-owned Persil has hired celebrity mum Kirstie Allsopp to front its TV ads for its detergent product, Small & Mighty.
Small & Mighty was rolled out in 2007, marking Unilever's biggest laundry launch for 10 years. The product is a concentrated version of its Persil brand.
Unilever has now launched a new Small & Mighty bottle in 18, 28, 54 and 85-wash packs.
The product's main selling point is its claimed speed, in comparison to rival products.
It has now launched an above-the-line campaign and marks the first time that the brand has worked with Kirstie Allsopp, who will front a four-week national campaign on Channel 4.
The spot features Allsopp in three advertorial-style spots, running across the ad breaks in selected 30-minute programmes.
The campaign, created by branding agency Addiction Content, features Allsopp performing 30-minute "mini miracles" such as creating an in-door herb garden or baking home-made bread with children.
The spots will be accompanied by a PR campaign that runs until the end of August, brokered by Mindshare.
The PR activity, created by GolinHarris, is also themed around parents being creative with their children.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager - brand communications agency Story Recruitment £38-45k pro rata dep on exp (full time or part time opportunity), Central London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel