Harveys poised to hand brief to HMDG
Harveys, the furniture store, is set to appoint HMDG to its £16m advertising account after a pitch against Beta, TBWA\Manchester and Hooper Galton.
Harveys called the pitch, which was handled by the AAR, as part of a move to develop more creative and planning-led advertising in the face of competition from rivals, such as DFS with its £87m marketing budget
In the past, Harveys has worked with the production company Velvet on the idents for its sponsorship of 'Coronation Street', and with the Omnicom production company Hub Plus for print and press.
Harveys has sponsored 'Coronation Street' since 2007 and last year extended its relationship with the soap to the 50th anniversary 'Best of British Brands' campaign, which allowed it to incorporate 'Coronation Street' branding into its products and advertising.
Harveys is owned by the German furniture group Steinhoff International. HMDG declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Project Manager Guru Careers £28 - 35k (DOE), Based in Farringdon, Central London (EC1)
- EXPERIENTIAL Junior or Senior Account Managers x 4, Account Director and Producers - perm/freelance Judi Patton £23K-£45K or freelance rates, London - all areas
- Graphic Designer Guru Careers £20 - 30k (DOE), Based in West Drayton, Greater London (UB7)
- Packaging Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- We Built This City rises up the charts after Three ad