Harveys poised to hand brief to HMDG
Harveys, the furniture store, is set to appoint HMDG to its £16m advertising account after a pitch against Beta, TBWA\Manchester and Hooper Galton.
Harveys called the pitch, which was handled by the AAR, as part of a move to develop more creative and planning-led advertising in the face of competition from rivals, such as DFS with its £87m marketing budget
In the past, Harveys has worked with the production company Velvet on the idents for its sponsorship of 'Coronation Street', and with the Omnicom production company Hub Plus for print and press.
Harveys has sponsored 'Coronation Street' since 2007 and last year extended its relationship with the soap to the 50th anniversary 'Best of British Brands' campaign, which allowed it to incorporate 'Coronation Street' branding into its products and advertising.
Harveys is owned by the German furniture group Steinhoff International. HMDG declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show