Harveys poised to hand brief to HMDG
Harveys, the furniture store, is set to appoint HMDG to its £16m advertising account after a pitch against Beta, TBWA\Manchester and Hooper Galton.
Harveys called the pitch, which was handled by the AAR, as part of a move to develop more creative and planning-led advertising in the face of competition from rivals, such as DFS with its £87m marketing budget
In the past, Harveys has worked with the production company Velvet on the idents for its sponsorship of 'Coronation Street', and with the Omnicom production company Hub Plus for print and press.
Harveys has sponsored 'Coronation Street' since 2007 and last year extended its relationship with the soap to the 50th anniversary 'Best of British Brands' campaign, which allowed it to incorporate 'Coronation Street' branding into its products and advertising.
Harveys is owned by the German furniture group Steinhoff International. HMDG declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £29,000 - £37,000 + Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000- £59,000 + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad