Nike's Fifa 2010 ad tipped for Film Lion
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 June 2011 08:57AM
Following last year's Fifa World Cup, sports brands are expected to be among the big winners in the Film and Titanium & Integrated categories as the Cannes Festival of Creativity reaches its climax.
Nike’s "write the future" spot, by Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam, is tipped to win big in the Film Lions category, while Droga5’s "after hours athlete" campaign for Puma is also expected to be troubling the jurors.
Droga5 has already enjoyed success this week thanks to its "decode" work for Microsoft Bing, which won a gold Direct Lion and the Outdoor Grand Prix, and the campaign is also among the frontrunners in the Titanium & Integrated category.
The UK’s best hopes of a Film Lion appear to lie with Saatchi & Saatchi’s "welcome back" for T-Mobile, and Mother, for its "cats" spot for Ikea.
Ad campaigns created to coincide with the Super Bowl also tend to perform well in the Film Lions, and this year’s "born in fire" ad for Chrysler, featuring the rapper Eminem, and Deustch’s "the Force" spot for Volkswagen, starring a young Darth Vader, are most likely to triumph.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Design Director Source £100000 per annum, Singapore
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum, London