VK launches £10m marketing push
Vodka Kick (VK), the ready-ready-to-drink alcohol brand, is launching a £10m marketing offensive to position the drink as a fun accompaniment to the weekend.
The campaign is targeting pubs and bars across the UK.
It has been created by the advertising agency Cogent Elliot and features point of sale activity in bars across the UK.
It includes posters, bar runners, branded t-shirts, and an in-bar video showing "real" consumers having fun.
The campaign follows VK's rebrand earlier this year, and uses the strapline, "Make a V Kend of it," for the first time.
The activity drives consumers to VK's Facebook page, where people can upload photos of themselves "making a V Kend of it" and share them with friends.
Consumers can also enter into a competition to win tickets to UK music festivals.
Kate Hodson, marketing manager, said: "VK needs to stay in touch with changing consumer tastes to keep ahead and this new campaign is part of our biggest marketing investment ever to ensure VK is seen by more people this year.
"The campaign taps into the idea of 'letting loose' and having a great night out, event or weekend. In essence we wanted to engage with our target audience and use social media to enhance their ability to share and relive their weekends with friends."
VK is owned by Global Brands, alongside energy drink Kick Energy, which launched fresh marketing activity featuring gaming character Duke Nukem this month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Freelance Account Handling, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £250 per day, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show