Ryder Cup 2010 host hands brief to Battersea-based agency KTB PR
By Nadirah Kaba, prweek.com, Thursday, 23 June 2011 05:37PM
Celtic Manor Resort, host to the 2010 Ryder Cup, has appointed lifestyle, sport and wellness agency KTB PR to provide general PR support.
Following a competitive pitch process with four other agencies, Battersea-based KTB won the 12-month retainer to make consumers aware of the continual investments that Celtic Manor Resort made in the run-up to being named European Golf Resort of the Year 2011.
Aside from the extensive golf facilities, it has also invested heavily in leisure and family facilities including luxury spas, a convention centre and two hotels.
It will lead an integrated campaign that will target a range of media including sports, lifestyle and travel publications.
Celtic Manor Resort marketing director, Vanessa Russell, said: ‘We felt the time was right to take a fresh approach to our PR and really engage the leisure and family market.’
The incumbent agency is Four Communications.
Senior account director Lindsey Evans will head up the account. She will report to Celtic Manor Resort PR manager Paul Williams and Russell.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni