US leads the way in Titanium & Integrated Lions shortlist
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 June 2011 09:05AM
CANNES 2011: The US is comfortably the most shortlisted country in the Titanium & Integrated category at this year's Cannes Festival of Creativity, picking up an impressive 13 of the 32 nominations.
Three UK agencies made the shortlist in the category, which was introduced in 2005 to celebrate breakthrough ideas that use a number of different media.
The domestic shops are: Mother London, which has been nominated for its "happy inside" campaign for Ikea; Publicis London for its "Megane experiment" work for Renault; and Wieden+Kennedy London, which secured a place on the list for its "cats with thumbs" campaign for Cravendale Milk.
W+K Portland, DDB Stockholm and R/GA New York are the only agencies to have more than one piece of work shortlisted.
W&K Portland's iconic "man your man could smell like" work for Old Spice, which won last year's Film Grand Prix, counted for one of the agency's two nominations, with the other coming for its "ready to work" campaign for Levi's.
DDB made the shortlist for its "speed camera lottery" campaign for Volkswagen and its "welcome to our reality" work for the Swedish Armed Forces, while R/GA's two nominations were for Nike's "the film room," and "pay with a tweet" for Innovative Thunder.
Other notable campaigns to appear on the list include McCann Erickson Bucharest's "American Rom" campaign for Rom chocolate, which has already won two Grand Prix this week, and the "replay season 2 and 3" work for Gatorade, TBWA\Chiat\Day's follow up to last year's award-winning campaign.
Sweden was the second most recognised country on the shortlist with four nominations, followed by the UK with three and Australia with two.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief