W&K's Nike wins in film as AMV lands UK's first Grand Prix
By campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Saturday, 25 June 2011 11:00PM
CANNES 2011: Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO landed the UK's first Grand Prix at this year's Cannes with its "sandwich" work for Walkers.
The UK agency triumphed against nine other contenders in the first year of the creative effectiveness category. Leo Burnett’s London office also won a lion in the same category for its work for McDonalds.
Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam won the Grand Prix in the film category for its "write the future" campaign for Nike. Droga5’s "after hours athlete" Puma work landed the Grand Prix in the film craft category.
Droga5 also picked up the integrated Grand Prix for its "decode Jay-Z" activity for Microsoft Bing.
Brazil-based AlmapBBDO was named as the agency of the year, WPP was named as the holding company of the year, while BBDO scooped the network of the year award.
Sir John Hegarty was honoured and collected the first Lion of St Martk trophy. Ikea was selected as the advertiser of the year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Midweight Designer/ Art Director Premier Media £28000 - £30000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director / Senior Account Director - Stunning Agency Fill Recruitment to £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital and Integrated Planner air recruitment Up to £60K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)