HBSC undertakes Chinese grassroots push
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 27 June 2011 10:35AM
HSBC is upping its presence into grassroots tennis by launching an initiative to help promising Chinese tennis players.
HSBC has a long-standing interest in grassroots sports, particularly in golf.
The move comes as interest in tennis in China spirals following the victory of Li Na in this year's French Open. More than 100 million watched Na claim the title.
The initiative involves HSBC sponsoring four of China's budding tennis stars in a visit to this year's Wimbledon Championships.
It marks the first time that youngsters from China have taken part and the four players-Hu Liu, Teng Ma, Zhouma Gerong and Zhima Du – took part in a tennis clinic with Tim Henman at the All England Club.
The four aspiring players all had the opportunity to watch some of the tennis.
The young players were all selected by the Chinese tennis Federation to represent their country on the trip.
Giles Morgan, group head of sponsorship at HSBC, said: "The HSBC Road to Wimbledon is another example of we are supporting sports at all levels, from grassroots to elite."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager David Thatcher Recruitment £32-40k dep experience, Surrey
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £300 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Copywriter Dubai MCG Associates Salary tax free plus relocation costs plus private healthcare, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)