Engine appoints group chief operating officer
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 27 June 2011 12:25PM
Engine has appointed Jonathan Peachey, the chairman of its strategy consultancy Transform, to the newly created role of group chief operating officer.
Peachey will work alongside group chief executive Peter Scott and group finance director Peter Harris, to expand Engine's global offering through acquisitions in Asia and the US.
Engine acquired two US agencies in October and December last year. The first was Deep Focus, a full-service digital agency, and the second was Noise, which specialises in reaching 16- to 34-year-olds.
It has not yet made any acquisitions in Asia, but appointed David Liu as chairman of Engine Asia in November 2010.
Peachey will also be responsible for the coordination of business development, commercial, marketing and back-office activities between Engine’s different regional teams around the world. Phil Andrews remains chief operating officer of Engine in the UK.
Peachey joined Engine in November 2007, when the public sector strategy consultancy he founded with Neil Morris, Digital Public, joined the group.
Last year, Peachey led the Engine acquisition of a second strategy consultancy, CVL, and its merger with Digital Public to form Transform, of which he remains chairman.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Designer Red Sofa London £25000 - £30000 per annum + 20% bonus, London
- Comms Manager - Leading Alcohol Brand at Top Media Agency Ultimate Asset £35000 per annum + great benefits package, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?