Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button star in Vodafone shoot
Vodafone has turned to its McLaren Mercedes F1 drivers Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button to star in its latest promotional film for its VIP service.
The F1 teammates can be seen styling, directing and photographing an eccentric high-end British Summer fashion shoot under the watchful eye of stylist Valentine Fillol-Cordier.
The film follows Lewis and Jenson on set as, assisted by Fillol-Cordier, they style models Charlotte W and Eve Delf in iconic British-inspired outfits.
At the end of the footage, Lewis, who famously stopped paying tax in the UK within his first year of F1 after relocating to Switzerland, jokes: "I reckon I can charge quite a lot."
The film launched on Vodafone’s official YouTube area today (27 June), ahead of the 2011 Formula 1 Santander British Grand Prix on the weekend of 8 July.
Vodafone VIP is the initiative that allows customers to enjoy tickets and money-can’t-buy experiences across British festival, fashion and Formula 1 events.
Previous Vodafone VIP online films have seen the drivers assemble their own F1 car, and nab the best spots at their favourite festival, by turning up in the depths of winter.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Q&A: McLaren seeks to reverse perception of 'cold' brand identity
- Unilever personal care brands sponsor British Lotus F1 Team
- Golfer Rory McIlroy fronts Santander savings campaign
- Santander unveils 'driven to do better' campaign
- Vodafone splits with BBH
- Appointment to view: Behind the scenes with Button and Hamilton
- O2, Vodafone and Everything Everywhere join to create single m-commerce platform
- Santander marketing overhaul aims to tackle image problems
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Brand Consultant Hasson Associates Up to £40k + car allowance, Buckinghamshire
- Brand Strategist - Maternity Cover at Trends, Innovation & Brand Strategy Consultancy Emma & Rachael & You £35 - £40k pro rata, Central London
- Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital GBP35000 - GBP40000 per annum, Reading