Domino's to sponsor new Simon Cowell show Red or Black?
Domino's Pizza, the pizza delivery chain, has signed up as the headline sponsor of 'Red or Black?', the new show from ITV Studios and Simon Cowell's production company Syco, set to air in a high-profile slot on ITV1 this autumn.
‘Red or Black?’ will be hosted by ITV regulars Ant and Dec and will give contestants the chance to walk away with £1m, or nothing at all, every night over a week.
In addition to a broadcast presence, Domino’s Pizza’s fully integrated sponsorship package, planned and bought by Arena Media, will include online, interactive, mobile and off-air activation.
The programme will show how the final eight contestants started off in a crowd of thousands at Wembley Arena, before playing outdoor challenges in their local areas, and then reaching the live studio for the final contest.
Domino’s Pizza has regularly used high-profile TV sponsorships as a key ingredient of its marketing activity and was the headline sponsor of the Syco TV-produced ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ between 2008 and 2010.
Simon Wallis, sales and marketing director at Domino’s, said: "With its fast-paced, edge-of-your-seat format, we know that viewers are going to be glued to their screens and, while they’re deciding red or black at home, we want them to be tucking into a Domino’s Pizza.
"The home is our point of sale, so unmissable TV events such as 'Red or Black?' create an ideal time for a product, such as pizza, that’s made for sharing – and because we deliver, there’s no need to miss a minute of the action."
ITV recently reorganised its sales team as part of a push to work more collaboratively with advertisers. Simon Daglish, director of multi-platforms and partnerships at ITV, said the partnership was a "great example of how ITV wants to work with its customers in the future".
Daglish said: "This partnership has allowed ITV to work alongside Domino's and develop a multiplatform solution that will help deliver their marketing objectives across a range of touch points with the consumer."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Co-ordinator AF Selection Up to £25,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager Source £150 - £180 per day, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned