LOCOG eyes mobile deals
By Nicola Clark, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 28 June 2011 09:05AM
London 2012 organiser LOCOG is aiming to stamp its mark on the virtual space surrounding the Olympics by making official location-based check-ins available only to sponsors.
According to sources, LOCOG plans to take advantage of Foursquare by offering a range of check-in points relevant to the Games.
A spokesman for LOCOG could not confirm a specific deal with Foursquare but said talks were taking place to create official check-in platforms for people visiting the Games.
These, like all official platforms, would not be open to non-sponsors. ‘We will be working with a range of location-based services at Games-time on a non-exclusive basis. We will announce more details in due course,’ he added.
The initiative follows warnings from digital experts that there will be a barrage of social media marketing ahead of London 2012.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Digital Advertising Operations Manager SAVVY Media Ltd £36-38K, London (Greater)
- Studio Manager, branding environments agency, £22-25k Gabriele Skelton £22000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Fill My Stocking - Please! Elizabeth Norman International £20000 - £120000 per annum, England
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Premier Media £28 - £38000 per annum, Richmond upon Thames