LOCOG eyes mobile deals
By Nicola Clark, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 28 June 2011 09:05AM
London 2012 organiser LOCOG is aiming to stamp its mark on the virtual space surrounding the Olympics by making official location-based check-ins available only to sponsors.
According to sources, LOCOG plans to take advantage of Foursquare by offering a range of check-in points relevant to the Games.
A spokesman for LOCOG could not confirm a specific deal with Foursquare but said talks were taking place to create official check-in platforms for people visiting the Games.
These, like all official platforms, would not be open to non-sponsors. ‘We will be working with a range of location-based services at Games-time on a non-exclusive basis. We will announce more details in due course,’ he added.
The initiative follows warnings from digital experts that there will be a barrage of social media marketing ahead of London 2012.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Director of Marketing and Development Ardingly College £60,000 - £65,000 , Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Account Director - Brand Activation Agency ADLIB £40000 - £40005 per annum, Dorset
- Senior Account Manager - Brand Activation Agency ADLIB £30000 - £35000 per annum, Bournemouth