LOCOG eyes mobile deals
By Nicola Clark, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 28 June 2011 09:05AM
London 2012 organiser LOCOG is aiming to stamp its mark on the virtual space surrounding the Olympics by making official location-based check-ins available only to sponsors.
According to sources, LOCOG plans to take advantage of Foursquare by offering a range of check-in points relevant to the Games.
A spokesman for LOCOG could not confirm a specific deal with Foursquare but said talks were taking place to create official check-in platforms for people visiting the Games.
These, like all official platforms, would not be open to non-sponsors. ‘We will be working with a range of location-based services at Games-time on a non-exclusive basis. We will announce more details in due course,’ he added.
The initiative follows warnings from digital experts that there will be a barrage of social media marketing ahead of London 2012.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London