Fallon wins £26m Axa ad account
Axa the global insurance group, has consolidated its £26m UK advertising account into Fallon.
Fallon's appointment follows a review handled by the Axa UK marketing chief Cheryl Toner.
The review was a closed one, only involving agencies from the Publicis Groupe, which handles the account globally. Fallon pitched for the account with the help of Saatchi and Saatchi against Leo Burnett and Chemistry.
The Axa account had been handled by Team Saatchi since 2008, while the Axa Direct brand was handled by Mortimer Whittaker O'Sullivan. The agency will however continue to work on AXA’s Swiftcover business.
Axa's review follows a restructure in its marketing department, which included the expansion of Toner's role and the launch of its combined AXA Wealth unit.
The media spend across all Axa's brands in the year to April 2011 was £26.1m, excluding direct mail and door drops, according to Nielsen.
Havas Media Group currently handles Axa UK’s media planning and buying account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- INBOUND MARKETING EXECUTIVE - DIGITAL MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £18000 - £24000 per annum, Leamington Spa
- PHP Developer (Watford) The Little Black Book Agency £40000 - £50000 per annum, Watford
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure