Fallon wins £26m Axa ad account
Axa the global insurance group, has consolidated its £26m UK advertising account into Fallon.
Fallon's appointment follows a review handled by the Axa UK marketing chief Cheryl Toner.
The review was a closed one, only involving agencies from the Publicis Groupe, which handles the account globally. Fallon pitched for the account with the help of Saatchi and Saatchi against Leo Burnett and Chemistry.
The Axa account had been handled by Team Saatchi since 2008, while the Axa Direct brand was handled by Mortimer Whittaker O'Sullivan. The agency will however continue to work on AXA’s Swiftcover business.
Axa's review follows a restructure in its marketing department, which included the expansion of Toner's role and the launch of its combined AXA Wealth unit.
The media spend across all Axa's brands in the year to April 2011 was £26.1m, excluding direct mail and door drops, according to Nielsen.
Havas Media Group currently handles Axa UK’s media planning and buying account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Events & Experiential Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, West Midlands
- SEO Account Director - up to £50K plus benefits Salt £45000 - £52000 per annum + £20K OTE, London
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £60k - £65k, London, Soho
- Middleweight Designer become £36K, Central London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign