Fallon wins £26m Axa ad account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 June 2011 12:14PM
Axa the global insurance group, has consolidated its £26m UK advertising account into Fallon.
Fallon's appointment follows a review handled by the Axa UK marketing chief Cheryl Toner.
The review was a closed one, only involving agencies from the Publicis Groupe, which handles the account globally. Fallon pitched for the account with the help of Saatchi and Saatchi against Leo Burnett and Chemistry.
The Axa account had been handled by Team Saatchi since 2008, while the Axa Direct brand was handled by Mortimer Whittaker O'Sullivan. The agency will however continue to work on AXA’s Swiftcover business.
Axa's review follows a restructure in its marketing department, which included the expansion of Toner's role and the launch of its combined AXA Wealth unit.
The media spend across all Axa's brands in the year to April 2011 was £26.1m, excluding direct mail and door drops, according to Nielsen.
Havas Media Group currently handles Axa UK’s media planning and buying account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Communications Manager Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, South East England
- Senior Marketing Officer Stopgap £34600 - £40834 per annum, London
- Senior Marketing Officer Stopgap £36000 - £40000 per annum, London
- PRESENTATION DESIGNER Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- SENIOR CONCEPTUAL COPYWRITER Live Recruitment Negotiable, Buckinghamshire
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne