Vodafone splits with BBH
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 June 2011 08:00AM
Vodafone is dropping Bartle Bogle Hegarty from its £47 million UK advertising account and has called a pitch among WPP ad agencies for the business.
The mobile giant said that the change had been sparked by a "global supply chain decision" and that BBH will not be taking part in the process.
Vodafone is looking for a transition to a new ad agency in the "short-term" but refused to say which WPP ad agencies would contest the business.
BBH has worked with Vodafone for five years after winning the business from WPP’s JWT London in late 2006. However, since the JWT loss, WPP has worked hard to rebuild its Vodafone relationship and its Team Vodafone unit handles global strategy for Vodafone and WPP agencies handle creative duties in the majority of local markets.
This week BBH launched an online film for Vodafone that features Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button, the Formula1 drivers that race for the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team.
In October last year, Vodafone shifted its UK CRM account to WPP’s G2, following a pitch. Meanwhile in January, Vodafone Ireland appointed WPP’s Grey to handle its €10 million advertising account.
Danielle Crook, the director of brand marketing at Vodafone, said: "Vodafone and BBH are proud of the results they have achieved together both in terms of sales and creative works."
Ben Fennell, the chief executive of BBH London, said that the agency was "very proud of the work and results" delivered on Vodafone.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PR Account Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Category Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum + £5,000 car allowance, bonus, benefits, Norwich
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media