Vodafone splits with BBH
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 June 2011 08:00AM
Vodafone is dropping Bartle Bogle Hegarty from its £47 million UK advertising account and has called a pitch among WPP ad agencies for the business.
The mobile giant said that the change had been sparked by a "global supply chain decision" and that BBH will not be taking part in the process.
Vodafone is looking for a transition to a new ad agency in the "short-term" but refused to say which WPP ad agencies would contest the business.
BBH has worked with Vodafone for five years after winning the business from WPP’s JWT London in late 2006. However, since the JWT loss, WPP has worked hard to rebuild its Vodafone relationship and its Team Vodafone unit handles global strategy for Vodafone and WPP agencies handle creative duties in the majority of local markets.
This week BBH launched an online film for Vodafone that features Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button, the Formula1 drivers that race for the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team.
In October last year, Vodafone shifted its UK CRM account to WPP’s G2, following a pitch. Meanwhile in January, Vodafone Ireland appointed WPP’s Grey to handle its €10 million advertising account.
Danielle Crook, the director of brand marketing at Vodafone, said: "Vodafone and BBH are proud of the results they have achieved together both in terms of sales and creative works."
Ben Fennell, the chief executive of BBH London, said that the agency was "very proud of the work and results" delivered on Vodafone.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Design Director - Global Packaging Design Agency - Farringdon Twist Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + very good benefits , City of London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account