Walker Media retains £9m Ladbrokes account
By Oliver Luft, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 June 2011 11:00AM
Ladbrokes has reappointed Walker Media to handle its £9 million media planning and buying account following a competitive review that ran in parallel with the recent review of its creative business.
During the pitch process, run through ISBA, ad agencies were partnered with media agencies to offer Ladbrokes an integrated solution.
Walker was appointed despite being paired with its sister agency M&C Saatchi, which was the incumbent on Ladbrokes' ad account but lost to SapientNitro, which was partnered by PHD.
The agency appointments follow Ladbrokes' announcement that it plans to invest £50 million in revamping its brand over the next two years, in order to help tackle falling profits.
The bookmaker's recent advertising has used the former footballers Chris Kamara and Ian Wright and the strapline: "Got the feeling? Get to Ladbrokes."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Business Development Director Major Players £60000 - £70000 per hour + bonus and benefits , City of London
- Product Manager Brand Recruitment Competitive basic plus excellent benefits , Ipswich
- Product Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum + plus benefits, Kings Lynn
- Creative Manager (catalogue) Beyond The Book c.£35000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Mid-Senior Designer AF Selection £30,000 - £35,000, Liverpool, Merseyside
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building