Walker Media retains £9m Ladbrokes account
By Oliver Luft, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 June 2011 11:00AM
Ladbrokes has reappointed Walker Media to handle its £9 million media planning and buying account following a competitive review that ran in parallel with the recent review of its creative business.
During the pitch process, run through ISBA, ad agencies were partnered with media agencies to offer Ladbrokes an integrated solution.
Walker was appointed despite being paired with its sister agency M&C Saatchi, which was the incumbent on Ladbrokes' ad account but lost to SapientNitro, which was partnered by PHD.
The agency appointments follow Ladbrokes' announcement that it plans to invest £50 million in revamping its brand over the next two years, in order to help tackle falling profits.
The bookmaker's recent advertising has used the former footballers Chris Kamara and Ian Wright and the strapline: "Got the feeling? Get to Ladbrokes."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Publicity Manager (PR) - World Leading Charity - Central London Ninesharp £38000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Analysis Manager Ninesharp £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Instagram partners with Omnicom to launch ad service in the UK
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account