Walker Media retains £9m Ladbrokes account
By Oliver Luft, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 June 2011 11:00AM
Ladbrokes has reappointed Walker Media to handle its £9 million media planning and buying account following a competitive review that ran in parallel with the recent review of its creative business.
During the pitch process, run through ISBA, ad agencies were partnered with media agencies to offer Ladbrokes an integrated solution.
Walker was appointed despite being paired with its sister agency M&C Saatchi, which was the incumbent on Ladbrokes' ad account but lost to SapientNitro, which was partnered by PHD.
The agency appointments follow Ladbrokes' announcement that it plans to invest £50 million in revamping its brand over the next two years, in order to help tackle falling profits.
The bookmaker's recent advertising has used the former footballers Chris Kamara and Ian Wright and the strapline: "Got the feeling? Get to Ladbrokes."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - Design & Marketing Agency ADLIB £ Competitive, Hampshire
- Marketing Executive - Cloud Marketing & Lead Capture Software Recruitment Revolution Up to £25,000 (DOE) + Benefits, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Marketing Data Analyst - CRM / eCRM ADLIB £Competitive, Bath
- Brand Strategy Consultant Rare Selection £30 - £40K + excellent benefits incl pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive, Top branding and design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'