Walker Media retains £9m Ladbrokes account
By Oliver Luft, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 June 2011 11:00AM
Ladbrokes has reappointed Walker Media to handle its £9 million media planning and buying account following a competitive review that ran in parallel with the recent review of its creative business.
During the pitch process, run through ISBA, ad agencies were partnered with media agencies to offer Ladbrokes an integrated solution.
Walker was appointed despite being paired with its sister agency M&C Saatchi, which was the incumbent on Ladbrokes' ad account but lost to SapientNitro, which was partnered by PHD.
The agency appointments follow Ladbrokes' announcement that it plans to invest £50 million in revamping its brand over the next two years, in order to help tackle falling profits.
The bookmaker's recent advertising has used the former footballers Chris Kamara and Ian Wright and the strapline: "Got the feeling? Get to Ladbrokes."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- PR Account Director AF Selection £32,000 - £40,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show