Sony appoints Drum to UK advertising roster
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 June 2011 11:00AM
Sony Computer Entertainment has appointed Drum to its UK roster.
The agency was hired following a pitch process that involved agencies from a variety of disciplines. The roster includes TBWA\London, Adam & Eve, Grand Union and Iris Worldwide.
Drum will be responsible for creating ad campaigns for the brand, with a focus on content creation and partnership marketing. The hire signals a renewed focus by Sony Computer Entertainment on content and social media activity rather than traditional TV.
Drum is expected to work with Sony's media planning and buying agency, Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Last week, MG OMD won a Media Lions gold at Cannes for its "GT Academy" work for PlayStation and Nissan.
Sony's PlayStation console has come under increasing pressure from rivals such as Microsoft's Xbox and the Nintendo Wii. In recent months, the company has also admitted that hackers stole data from a potential 100 million users of its PlayStation Network.
Drum's appointment follows the hire of Ella d'Amato as its managing director.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Web Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief