Lego and Hasbro sign up for Netmums blog network
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 01 July 2011 10:56AM
Netmums, the UK parenting site, has launched a Parent Bloggers Network to give brands an opportunity to interact with its audience based on their interests.
The Parent Bloggers Network, which launched today, will allow brands to target parent bloggers on their sites directly, giving them the opportunity to gives bloggers paid-product reviews or ask them for their product feedback.
Lego Games and Hasbro are the first brands to make use of the network to reach parent bloggers.
Siobhan Freegard, co-founder of Netmums, said: "Parenting bloggers have long complained that brands do not understand how to engage with them, often giving little thought to the age of their children or their particular living situation when offering them products to review or technology to engage with.
"We are launching the Parent Bloggers Network in response to these issues, to allow brands and bloggers to understand each other better and to interact in a new and mutually beneficial way."
Netmums launched in 2000 and claims to have over one million members in the UK.
Rival site Mumsnet is also expanding the opportunities for brands to interact with the parenting community, with its new Gransnet site.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Digital Specialist - Client-Side Travel Brand - PPC / SEO Ultimate Asset £30000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, City of London
- Graphic Designer / Art Director Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Senior Manager Customer Engagement - Sports Brand (Relocation) Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- Ocean Outdoor finds new owners in Searchlight Capital