Morrisons launches Beyonce-inspired Diva bouquet
Morrisons, the national supermarket, has rolled out a new flower bouquet called The Diva, believed to have been inspired by the rider requests of some female performers at Glastonbury, which was headlined by Beyonce.
According to Morrisons, its Glastonbury store received a number of floral requests from pop stars at the festival, including one from a "leading lady", believed to be from Beyonce’s team, for a selection of while roses, carnations and freesias for her dressing room.
The £10 Diva bouquet is being rolled out in Morrisons stores nationwide this week, after its exclusive Glastonbury launch over the festival weekend.
Jane Speakman, managing director of horticulture at Morrisons, said: "We're delighted to supply the flowers of choice for Glastonbury's leading ladies.
"As Morrisons works direct with growers, we can ensure that the flowers they receive are of super fresh, superstar, quality."
The Diva bouquet follows a contentious 'Diva' ad campaign by Cadbury's in May for its new Bliss chocolate bar. The press ad was pulled after supermodel Naomi Campbell suggested it was an openly racist attack against her.
Last month, Morrisons poached Arla Foods' top marketer Danny Micklethwaite to take up the newly created role of head of development.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated / Retail - Excellent agency - to 32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus superb benefits and bonus opps, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Direct Marketing [Charity] - Superb London Agency - £28k - £32k Fill Recruitment £28k - £32k, plus benefits., London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - INTEGRATED / Retail - £60k - £65k plus bonus. Fill Recruitment £60k - £65k plus superb benefits and bonus, London
- Business Director (CRM and Data) Direct Recruitment £75K-£85K, London (Central), London (Greater)