Morrisons launches Beyonce-inspired Diva bouquet
Morrisons, the national supermarket, has rolled out a new flower bouquet called The Diva, believed to have been inspired by the rider requests of some female performers at Glastonbury, which was headlined by Beyonce.
According to Morrisons, its Glastonbury store received a number of floral requests from pop stars at the festival, including one from a "leading lady", believed to be from Beyonce’s team, for a selection of while roses, carnations and freesias for her dressing room.
The £10 Diva bouquet is being rolled out in Morrisons stores nationwide this week, after its exclusive Glastonbury launch over the festival weekend.
Jane Speakman, managing director of horticulture at Morrisons, said: "We're delighted to supply the flowers of choice for Glastonbury's leading ladies.
"As Morrisons works direct with growers, we can ensure that the flowers they receive are of super fresh, superstar, quality."
The Diva bouquet follows a contentious 'Diva' ad campaign by Cadbury's in May for its new Bliss chocolate bar. The press ad was pulled after supermodel Naomi Campbell suggested it was an openly racist attack against her.
Last month, Morrisons poached Arla Foods' top marketer Danny Micklethwaite to take up the newly created role of head of development.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers