LV= launches £4m TV ad campaign
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 July 2011 09:16AM
LV= is launching a £4m TV advertising campaign to back its research that claims more than 1,000 new customers join the business every day.
The car insurance brand said the activity is its biggest campaign to date. It breaks this week and runs until mid-September across national TV.
The ad, created by Designate, refers to the success of the brand and the number of customers it has gained, with a voiceover that says: "Over 1,000 new customers a day are joining LV= for car insurance".
The ad is the last in a series of four to support the relaunch of the brand, including a new logo that encompasses the green heart brand icon. Media buying was undertaken by Carat.
Guy Hedger, marketing director, LV=, said: "The key to the advertising success rests on featuring competitive prices in very well-branded ads with a consistent look and feel and very high production values.
"References to the green heart brand icon are scattered throughout the ad, the music is the same as the original campaigns, and the main character and lime-green car also remain the same.
"While the ads have a very stylish feel, they are also very direct in promoting the product and price. This new campaign is part of a 'hybrid' strategy to build the brand, while simultaneously driving short-term sales."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - Premium Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, Surrey
- Marketing Manager - Premium Beer Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £55000 per annum + car + 30 % bonus potential!, Surrey
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014