Maximuscle uses cricketer Broad in latest ad campaign
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 July 2011 09:50AM
Maximuscle, the sports-nutrition brand, is launching a multimedia campaign featuring cricketer Stuart Broad and other sporting stars, in a bid to normalise the brand in the eyes of the public.
The campaign is running across TV, print and online and has been created by the agency, The Minimart.
It includes a heavy social media element, as Maximuscle, which is made by Maxinutrition, broadens its appeal and the relevance of sports nutrition to a wider demographic.
Maximuscle is still viewed by some critics as a marginal product, used by gym rats and body builders.
The campaign, called 'The Team Behind the Team', tells real-life stories of Maximuscle athletes, focusing on the key role played by sports nutrition in their success.
England cricketer Stuart Broad, Olympic gymnast Dan Keatings, and England and Northampton rugby player Courtney Lawes, are among the athelets starring in the campaign.
Each of the sporting stars will have their own dedicated space on Maximuscle's website, www.maxmuscle.com, and on Facebook and YouTube channels.
James O'Shea, marketing directing at Maxinutrition, said: "This is more than a campaign – it is a brand experience for fans, experts and sporting communities."
Maxinutrition was bought by GlaxoSmithKline last year in a deal that valued the firm at £162m.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Associate Research Director Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Senior Strategist Source £52000 - £62000 per annum, London
- Part-Time Social Media and Web Coordinator - 12 month contract Brand Recruitment £19000 per annum + pro rata, Northampton
- Data Analyst Stopgap £23000 - £25000 per annum, London