Virgin Media to offer broadband customers Spotify deals
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 06 July 2011 11:35AM
Virgin Media has tied up with Spotify, to make the digital music platform's paid service available across a range of its broadband services, including internet-connected TVs, at a reduced price.
The deal, which will kick in the next few months, is the first between Spotify and a UK-based internet service provider (ISP).
Virgin Media customers will be offered discounts on the Spotify unlimited and premium services, priced at £9.99 a month and £4.99 a month respectively, to be bundled into their mobile, internet and TV packages.
It will announce the pricing of these bundled offers within the next few weeks.
Customers with Virgin Media TV, powered by TiVo, will be able to access Spotify via an app created by Virgin Media and Spotify.
Existing Spotify users will be able to keep their existing accounts, if they choose to sign up as a new Virgin Media customer to receive the bundled deal.
Virgin Media customers will also be able to get access to exclusive content and promotions on Spotify.
Virgin Media, which already offers its own online music service, said it is in discussion with other entertainment and content providers to provide similar offers for its customers.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ï»¿Senior Programmatic Optimisation Manager Aspire £45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Temporary Marketing Assistant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £10 Per Hour, Northamptonshire