Lynx runs sleepy bikini-girls campaign
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 06 July 2011 12:18PM
Lynx, the Unilever-owned deodorant brand, has launched a £1m summer campaign across its entire deodorant and body-spray portfolio.
The campaign, created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, features a new TV ad supported by an on-pack promotion. Media buying has been handled by Mindshare.
The ad breaks on 11 July and runs for two weeks, while the on-pack activity will be available throughout August. ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and Sky channels.
The ad features tired, bikini-clad girls sleeping on a boat alongside one man and a pet monkey. The camera then reveals the back of the boat, which has the words "Lynx summer holiday" painted on it.
The promotion offers consumers the chance to win £1,000s worth of holiday accessories such as music downloads, headphones and Sunglasses Hut vouchers, by sending an on-pack unique code to a text-to-win number.
All consumers who enter the competition will also be put forward for the chance to win a summer holiday on the Lynx boat.
Selina Sykes, Lynx brand manager of Unilever UK, said: "Lynx Summer will see us give away thousands of pounds worth of holiday accessories as well as the chance to win the 'ultimate' lads' summer holiday prize of a money-can’t-buy trip on the Lynx Boat and we expect it to be a huge hit with our consumers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Online Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Brand Manager - Barcelona Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £50000 per annum + relocation + bonus, Spain
- Senior Project Manager Propel £201 - £400 per day, City of London
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad