Lynx runs sleepy bikini-girls campaign
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 06 July 2011 12:18PM
Lynx, the Unilever-owned deodorant brand, has launched a £1m summer campaign across its entire deodorant and body-spray portfolio.
The campaign, created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, features a new TV ad supported by an on-pack promotion. Media buying has been handled by Mindshare.
The ad breaks on 11 July and runs for two weeks, while the on-pack activity will be available throughout August. ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and Sky channels.
The ad features tired, bikini-clad girls sleeping on a boat alongside one man and a pet monkey. The camera then reveals the back of the boat, which has the words "Lynx summer holiday" painted on it.
The promotion offers consumers the chance to win £1,000s worth of holiday accessories such as music downloads, headphones and Sunglasses Hut vouchers, by sending an on-pack unique code to a text-to-win number.
All consumers who enter the competition will also be put forward for the chance to win a summer holiday on the Lynx boat.
Selina Sykes, Lynx brand manager of Unilever UK, said: "Lynx Summer will see us give away thousands of pounds worth of holiday accessories as well as the chance to win the 'ultimate' lads' summer holiday prize of a money-can’t-buy trip on the Lynx Boat and we expect it to be a huge hit with our consumers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Sales Executive- Fashion & Beauty Video Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- Sales Manager - Ad-tech, Content, Video and Programmatic Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Head of Fundraising Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Peterborough
- Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, London