Lynx runs sleepy bikini-girls campaign
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 06 July 2011 12:18PM
Lynx, the Unilever-owned deodorant brand, has launched a £1m summer campaign across its entire deodorant and body-spray portfolio.
The campaign, created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, features a new TV ad supported by an on-pack promotion. Media buying has been handled by Mindshare.
The ad breaks on 11 July and runs for two weeks, while the on-pack activity will be available throughout August. ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and Sky channels.
The ad features tired, bikini-clad girls sleeping on a boat alongside one man and a pet monkey. The camera then reveals the back of the boat, which has the words "Lynx summer holiday" painted on it.
The promotion offers consumers the chance to win £1,000s worth of holiday accessories such as music downloads, headphones and Sunglasses Hut vouchers, by sending an on-pack unique code to a text-to-win number.
All consumers who enter the competition will also be put forward for the chance to win a summer holiday on the Lynx boat.
Selina Sykes, Lynx brand manager of Unilever UK, said: "Lynx Summer will see us give away thousands of pounds worth of holiday accessories as well as the chance to win the 'ultimate' lads' summer holiday prize of a money-can’t-buy trip on the Lynx Boat and we expect it to be a huge hit with our consumers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- RTB Display Campaign Executive - Agency trading desk Ascent Solutions £27,000 + Fantastic Corporate Benefits Package, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London...
- Digital Account Director Ascent Solutions Up to £50,000 + excellent benefits package, London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand