M&C Saatchi produces movie to promote Havana Club
By Ben Bold, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 06 July 2011 01:15PM
M&C Saatchi Paris and its client Havana Club have created a feature film called ' Seven Days in Havana' about life in the Cuban capital city in 2011.
The film is co-financed by the Havana Club-owner Pernod Ricard and was shot in Havana during the spring.
Each of the seven parts was directed by big names from the film world, including actor Benicio Del Toro and directors Gaspar Noé and Laurent Cantet. Each film depicts a day of the week in Havana.
M&C Saatchi, which was responsible for producing the rum brand's 'Nothing Compares to Havana' campaign, conceived the film in collaboration with production companies Fullhouse and Morena Films.
Distributor Wild Bunch International used this year's Cannes film festival to promote the 100-minute feature and managed to sign distribution deals. The film is currently entering post-production.
Yves Schladenhaufen, Havana Club's international marketing director, said: "Havana Club is known as the genuine inheritor of Cuban rum tradition.
"Not only has it become a true ambassador of Cuba across the globe, but it also actively promotes the Cuban creativity and talents to an international audience. This film will offer a natural platform to talk about the brand across many markets and through these seven short movies, they convey the fascinating and unique spirit of Havana."
Daniel Fohr, M&C Saatchi Paris's founder and creative director, said that the films captured the character of Havana and embodied the essence of Havana Club rum.
He said: "Producing a film offers far wider marketing opportunities. It allowed us to use far richer content and really bring to life this brand's values during the film promotion, that may otherwise have been restricted in traditional advertising channels."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Creative / Lead Creative | Leading technology/gaming br Salt £80000 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Digital AM to AD - entertainment clients become £28k-£45k, Surrey
- Digital Snr AM become £35k-£40k, Surrey
- Mid-Senior Level User Interface and User Experience Designer Salt £30000 - £50000 per annum, City of London
- Communications Executive EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £200 per day, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'