Siemens bankrolls Channel 5 design show
Siemens, the electronics manufacturer, has signed a deal to fund 'Superior Interiors', a new Channel 5 home improvement show presented by Kelly Hoppen, cementing the broadcaster's pledge to increase client collaborations.
In the show Kelly Hoppen, Sienna Miller's stepmother and well known in the industry for designing interiors for yachts and hotels, will help people improve their homes by following "some golden rules of design".
'Superior Interiors' will be broadcast as a five-part series in the autumn in a primetime 8pm slot. Siemens products will appear in the show making it Channel 5's third product placement deal since the rule-change in February.
Hoppen said: "Money does not buy you style or taste. That's the bad news. However, the good news is that I can show you how you can create beautiful interiors by simply following some golden rules of design.
"In my show I am helping five families create stylish interiors in their home and overcome fears and financial worries by thinking all aspects through."
Channel 5's other product placement deals include 'Mexican Food Made Simple' sponsored by Mission Foods and 'Garden ER' sponsored by Anglian Home Improvements. Both shows will screen over the summer.
Earlier this week executives from Channel 5 and its parent group Northern & Shell said they wanted the company to be a "bit more like Apple" by taking an innovation-led approach.
A new offer, N&S Partnerships, will look to make "value-rich, high-margin collaborations" between Northern & Shell brands, which include the Daily Express and OK! magazine as well as Channel 5, and advertisers.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Manager (Mobile and Social) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure