Audi hires former LG marketer Dominic Chambers
Audi has hired former Vodafone and LG marketer Dominic Chambers as its new UK head of marketing.
Chambers, who left LG in at the end of last year, replaces Peter Duffy, who left the German automotive manufacturer in January to join easyJet as marketing director.
The role has been covered on an interim basis by former World Gold Council marketer Philip Olden, who is expected to leave the VW-owned marque as a result of the appointment.
Chambers left LG amid major changes at the Korean brand’s UK marketing team. Former UK group marketing director Paul Trueman recently joined MasterCard as head of marketing for the UK and Ireland, while Paul Meadows, head of brand at LG, also left the business.
Jeremy Hicks, director of Audi UK, said: "We have taken great care in making this crucial appointment that will take us into the next key phase of our development as a brand and an organisation."
Chambers said: "This is a tremendous opportunity to further develop the impressive and strong Audi brand, by deploying strategic communication campaigns."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Executive and Senior Account Executive air recruitment Up to £24k - dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Associate Director - Brand Strategy & Innovation Agency Ann Sharman Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 plus bonus + bens, London (South), London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist - Amsterdam - brand identity, retail and consumer packaging - up to £85k Story Recruitment £65-85k plus benefits dependent on experience, Amsterdam