Audi hires former LG marketer Dominic Chambers
Audi has hired former Vodafone and LG marketer Dominic Chambers as its new UK head of marketing.
Chambers, who left LG in at the end of last year, replaces Peter Duffy, who left the German automotive manufacturer in January to join easyJet as marketing director.
The role has been covered on an interim basis by former World Gold Council marketer Philip Olden, who is expected to leave the VW-owned marque as a result of the appointment.
Chambers left LG amid major changes at the Korean brand’s UK marketing team. Former UK group marketing director Paul Trueman recently joined MasterCard as head of marketing for the UK and Ireland, while Paul Meadows, head of brand at LG, also left the business.
Jeremy Hicks, director of Audi UK, said: "We have taken great care in making this crucial appointment that will take us into the next key phase of our development as a brand and an organisation."
Chambers said: "This is a tremendous opportunity to further develop the impressive and strong Audi brand, by deploying strategic communication campaigns."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Marketing Services Manager, Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'