Lloyds TSB launches first London 2012 TV ad
Lloyds TSB has launched its first TV ad to support its sponsorship of the 2012 Olympic Games.
The ad debuted this weekend and uses the strapline: "Bringing London 2012 closer to you."
It shows animated torchbearers running and passing the torch to one another. It also informs customers that they still have the chance to win London 2012 tickets through the bank's giveaway.
Created by RKRC/Y&R, the campaign will span TV, radio, magazine and digital, and regional media partnerships with Trinity Mirror Group and Global Radio’s Heart FM network.
The ad uses a "new Olympic-themed" version of 'Eliza Aria', the theme tune from previous Lloyds TSB TV ads.
The ad was directed by Marc Craste from Studio AKA. MEC was the media buying agency behind the campaign.
The digital element of the campaign, created by Saint@RKCR/Y&R, will launch later this month. It will include a two day Lloyds TSB homepage takeover on Facebook that will bring to life the message surrounding the one year countdown to London 2012. On Lloyds TSB’s Facebook page, customers can get more information, receive updates on the Torch Tour, nominations and how to win tickets. They will also be able to post questions and comments and share photos along the London 2012 Journey.
BP and Visa are among other Olympic sponsors to have launched TV campaigns highlighting their support for London 2012.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Partnership Marketing Stonor £18,000 to £20,000, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Gr...
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager - Integrated - Herts Stonor £28,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience , Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire / London (North), London (Greater)
- Midweight Copywriter (Digital) createselect Up to £38K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive - Healthcare GoodEgg Digital £24k + Great Benefits, England
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- John Lewis Christmas ad gets three times more views than Sainsbury's in first 24 hours
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Watch: Ant and Dec star in Morrisons' festive campaign
- DigitasLBi is on hunt for new media leader as Ling exits
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK