Lloyds TSB launches first London 2012 TV ad
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 11 July 2011 09:23AM
Lloyds TSB has launched its first TV ad to support its sponsorship of the 2012 Olympic Games.
The ad debuted this weekend and uses the strapline: "Bringing London 2012 closer to you."
It shows animated torchbearers running and passing the torch to one another. It also informs customers that they still have the chance to win London 2012 tickets through the bank's giveaway.
Created by RKRC/Y&R, the campaign will span TV, radio, magazine and digital, and regional media partnerships with Trinity Mirror Group and Global Radio’s Heart FM network.
The ad uses a "new Olympic-themed" version of 'Eliza Aria', the theme tune from previous Lloyds TSB TV ads.
The ad was directed by Marc Craste from Studio AKA. MEC was the media buying agency behind the campaign.
The digital element of the campaign, created by Saint@RKCR/Y&R, will launch later this month. It will include a two day Lloyds TSB homepage takeover on Facebook that will bring to life the message surrounding the one year countdown to London 2012. On Lloyds TSB’s Facebook page, customers can get more information, receive updates on the Torch Tour, nominations and how to win tickets. They will also be able to post questions and comments and share photos along the London 2012 Journey.
BP and Visa are among other Olympic sponsors to have launched TV campaigns highlighting their support for London 2012.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director - 9 month maternity cover The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £70K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Associate Director - Brand Strategy Rare Selection Up to £63000 + pension + additional benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Licensing Senior Category Manager - Valencia Spain . 75,000 Euros Mark Paine Recruitment 75,000 EUROS, Spain
- Creative Brand Strategist Rare Selection £35 - £50K (benefits TBA), London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media