Full text of Jeremy Hunt's letter to the OFT
Read the full text of Jeremy Hunt's letter to Office of Fair Trading executive director Clive Maxwell, on whether he should look again at the News Corporation/BSkyB merger in the light of recent developments.
2-4 Cockspur Street
London SW1Y SDH
11 July 2011
Tel 0207211 6000
Fax 020 7211 6249
Office of Fair Trading
2-6, Salisbury Square
11 July 2011
As you are aware, my consultation on the revised undertakings in lieu offered by News Corporation closed on Friday at midday. I am now considering the responses to that consultation, but, as I stated on Friday, I anticipate this taking some time.
However, given the well-publicised matters involving the News of the World in the past week, and which have led to the closure of that paper, I should be grateful if you could let me know whether you consider those revelations and allegations cause you to reconsider any part of your previous advice to me, or otherwise gives rise to concerns, on the credibility, sustainability and practicalities of the undertakings offered by News Corporation.
Although I anticipate it taking some time in order to consider consultation responses, it would be of assistance if you could let me have your response as swiftly as you are able in order that I can factor this into my thinking.
Rt Hon Jeremy Hunt MP
Secretary of State for Culture, Olympics, Media and Sport
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Experiential Senior Account Manager/Project Manager Dynamic New Alliances £27000.00 - £32000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Communications Officer Simplified Recruitment £27,945 per Annum, London
- Designer Apple & Ink £35,000 , Soho, London
- Project Manager Purple Consultancy £200 - £250 per day, London
- Art Director Apple & Ink £35,000, Covent Garden
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Mother protests Russian homophobia with gay nesting dolls
- Campaign Viral Chart: Canadian airline's Christmas 'miracle' tops chart
- KFC unveils Twitter comp winner in X Factor ad
- EE uses Santa as a case study to promote 4G
- O2 gets 2.5% incremental reach online with new tool