Maxus strengthens global trading team with Garvie hire
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 July 2011 02:47PM
Maxus has made a further trading hire, appointing Stuart Garvie as deputy global trading director, reporting to global trading head Alan Hodge.
His appointment is effective immediately. Garvie will also report to Maxus Global chief executive Kelly Clark and will be based in the Maxus office in London.
Prior to joining Maxus, Garvie was media purchasing manager in the UK and Ireland for FMCG manufacturer Danone, where he was responsible for media delivery across all company divisions.
Before that, Garvie was media manager of Northern Europe for Reckitt Benckiser, where he managed the company’s media agency relationships across three territories, four business units and 18 brands.
He has also worked for media agencies and has held the role of head of television buying for Manning Gottlieb OMD, as well as holding several previous London-based buying positions with agencies including Optimedia.
Clarke said: "[Stuart] has a terrific reputation and his deep experience on both the client and agency side of our business brings a comprehensive point of view that our clients want."
As deputy trading director, Garvie will be responsible for collaborating with Hodge to "deliver best trading practices and results for Maxus clients globally," according to Maxus.
Hodge said: "Stuart is a most welcome addition to our team. As we continue to grow around the world, expanding and refining our client offerings, Stuart’s input and expertise will play a key role in helping us achieve our goals."
Hodge was announced as global trading director for Maxus in July last year.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account