Guess pushes for social and e-commerce combination
By Nicola, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 July 2011 11:46AM
Fashion brand Guess, which has become one of the first fashion retail brands to sign up Google Wallet, is attempting to integrate e-commerce data with its social CRM intelligence.
Guess is attempting to gain first mover advantage in the mobile and social commerce arena, according to its executive vice president CIO and strategy Mike Relish, speaking at the Social Media Marketing and iCommerce Summit in Monte Carlo.
Relich said the brand, which has just appointed a dedicated vice president of social media, considers integrating e-commerce data with social networks to be the key to better CRM management.
He said Facebook is the "best CRM database as it is self-maintaining".
Guess aims to better utilize its social media platforms through adopting new MicroStrategy technology platforms Alert and Gateway for Facebook. These platforms will enable the brand to better segment their customers.
He said: "If we see what the likes are amongst our customers – we can see that from their profile for example people who shop at Guess like to eat at Katsuya and we can tie that into dedicated offers we give to our customers."
The brand aims to build up 250,000 "superfans" over a year through the new technology platforms to drive its e-commerce sales across 23 countries.
"Instead of the shotgun approach of marketing we can now target our best customers – I will know from the Alert platform what those customers look like," he added.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Milton Keynes
- Senior Digital Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham