Premier Foods appoints Kraft chief as new boss
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 14 July 2011 10:27AM
Premier Foods, the troubled food company, has appointed the man who heads up Kraft’s European business as its new chief executive, replacing the retiring Robert Schofield.
Premier Foods, whose brands include Hovis, Oxo, and Mr Kipling, announced that Mike Clarke, president of Kraft Food Europe, will be chief executive from 1 September this year.
Clarke will be joining the company at a difficult time, as it has been hit by a succession of profit warnings and the loss of a key contract with Marks & Spencer.
Shareholders in the company had urged Premier Foods chairman Ronnie Bell to hastily replace Schofield, who had previously announced he was to step down in April next year.
Martin Glenn, the chief executive of Birds Eye, had been linked with the job.
Clarke joined Kraft Foods Europe in 2009. Previously, he spent 10 years at Coca-Cola, were his roles include president of Coca-Cola north west Europe, which includes the UK.
He has also held a senior role at Reebok.
The company said that Schofield will leave the business following a short handover.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Freelance Role, £300 a day. DRTV / TV ATL role MODA consult £300 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director / Group Account Director - Maternity Cover Integrated Role MODA consult £60k - £65k pro rata salary, Central London - Great Soho Location
- Senior Account Manager / Junior Account Director - Maternity Cover ATL / TV Role MODA consult £42k - £45k pro rata salary, Central London - Great Soho Location