Aegis to rebrand MediaVest Manchester after acquisition
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 July 2011 11:40AM
Aegis Media has completed the acquisition of MediaVest Manchester and rebranded the agency as Carat.
The move follows lengthy talks, first reported by Campaign in March, between Aegis and the founders and majority owners of MediaVest Manchester, Dave Lucas and Andy Jeal.
Aegis has made an initial payment of £27 million, which could rise to a total of £95 million depending on completion of an earnout based on profits over the next five years.
Jeal and Lucas previously owned 77 per cent of the agency, having reacquired a 19.9 per cent stake from Starcom MediaVest Group. The pair could have paid as much as £7 million to buy back Starcom's stake, according to a report by Marketing Services Financial Intelligence.
The agency operates from offices in Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle and Edinburgh. Its clients include Holland & Barrett, Thomas Cook and JD Williams, and its pre-tax profit for the year to 28 February was £7.4 million.
The business, which has built an expertise in performance marketing and digital, will also use Aegis' iProspect brand name when operating in the search marketing space.
Jerry Buhlmann, the chief executive of Aegis, said: "We have made it clear we would be looking at strategic acquisitions that provide scale and innovation. This does just that, by improving our market share in the UK and increasing our performance marketing and digital capabilities."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive, FinTech, London, £35k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - Charity Agency Twist Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, West End
- Qualitative Specialist Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 - £37000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Illustrator / Designer Red Sofa London £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Digital Associate Director - Worldwide leading agency Ultimate Asset £55000 - £60000 per annum + Great Company Benefits, London
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media