Kitcatt Nohr Digitas scoops Samsung Olympic task
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 July 2011 12:00PM
Samsung Electronics has hired Kitcatt Nohr Digitas to create a global digital hub for its Olympic Games activity.
The agency, which won a pitch for the account, will be responsible for creating digital activity for Samsung, which is a worldwide Olympic partner for wireless communications equipment.
Samsung works with Digitas in North America but the appointment will result in Kitcatt Nohr's first activity for the electronics company.
Activity will include social media and an Olympics website, which will be housed under the samsung.com domain. Launching next year, the site will feature information on the history of Samsung, the Olympics and the global ambassador for the London 2012 Olympic Games, David Beckham, who signed to the role in May.
It will also highlight the brand's role in the Olympic Torch Relay and include content by Samsung's "mobile explorers", a select group of people who will share their experiences of the 2012 Games using smartphones and social media networks.
All digital activities will be aligned under Samsung's strapline: "Everyone's Olympic Games."
Kyonghee Han, the director of the sports marketing group at Samsung Global Marketing Operations, said: "We believe Kitcatt Nohr Digitas is the right agency partner to develop the website and that it will execute a highly effective digital campaign."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers