Buddy Media opens European headquarters
By Sarah Shearman, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 20 July 2011 03:44PM
Buddy Media, the WPP-backed Facebook page and campaign management system, has opened a European headquarters as it continues its global expansion plans.
Buddy Media, which launched in the US in 2007, provides a platform for brands to launch, maintain and monitor their Facebook presence.
It claims to currently manage social media for eight of the world’s top 10 global advertisers. Disclosed clients include Nivea, Bacardi, All Saints and Mercedes Benz.
The European team, based in London, will be led by Luca Benini, former vice-president and commercial director of comScore Europe, as managing director. Erinn Marzo, who is vice-president of international sales at Buddy Media, will be also based in its European office.
WPP struck up a strategic partnership with Buddy Media in October last year, investing $5m in the company. As part of the deal, Buddy Media’s platform was integrated with WPP’s technology products to provide the service to the holding company's clients.
Research published yesterday from social media marketing agency TBG Digital showed that brand campaigns on Facebook have grown nearly 20-fold over the past year.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Account Manager, Temp to Perm, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing & Engagement Fire Fighters Charity £47,000 per annum plus excellent benefits , Basingstoke, Hampshire
- Digital Designer - Zizzi Restaurants Zizzi Restaurants £25,000 to £27,000 plus bonus and additional benefits, Marylebone Station, London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- MidWeight Digital Designer - Digital £35k Nakama £25,000 - £35,000 + benefits including; travel, training, healthcare and pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood