Buddy Media opens European headquarters
By Sarah Shearman, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 20 July 2011 03:44PM
Buddy Media, the WPP-backed Facebook page and campaign management system, has opened a European headquarters as it continues its global expansion plans.
Buddy Media, which launched in the US in 2007, provides a platform for brands to launch, maintain and monitor their Facebook presence.
It claims to currently manage social media for eight of the world’s top 10 global advertisers. Disclosed clients include Nivea, Bacardi, All Saints and Mercedes Benz.
The European team, based in London, will be led by Luca Benini, former vice-president and commercial director of comScore Europe, as managing director. Erinn Marzo, who is vice-president of international sales at Buddy Media, will be also based in its European office.
WPP struck up a strategic partnership with Buddy Media in October last year, investing $5m in the company. As part of the deal, Buddy Media’s platform was integrated with WPP’s technology products to provide the service to the holding company's clients.
Research published yesterday from social media marketing agency TBG Digital showed that brand campaigns on Facebook have grown nearly 20-fold over the past year.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Digital Activation Manager - Fastest Mobile Network Brand!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Project Director > DIGITAL AND SOCIAL > AWARD WINNING AGENCY collectivo £55-60k + great Bens , London (Greater)
- Customer Marketing Manager - Innovative Brand ADLIB up to £60,000 + benefits, Bristol
- Senior Innovation Manager (Information) Cancer Research UK £34000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent benefits , London
- Account Director-Creative Agency that work truly thru the line! Network Career Consultants £40000 - £55000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy