Isobel wins price comparison pitch
Mutuelle Du Mans Assurances, the owner of the Swinton insurance brand, has chosen Isobel to handle advertising for the launch of a price comparison site with a reported £20 million budget.
The independent agency beat off competition from Beattie McGuinness Bungay in a pitch process through the AAR. Beta had also been involved in the review, but pulled out in April.
The site, which is expected to launch next year, will compete against the rival sites including Gocompare.com, Comparethemarket.com, Confused.com and Money-supermarket.com. It is understood that MMA intends to match the marketing investment of the leading UK sites with a budget that will exceed £20 million.
Gocompare.com was the top spender in the sector in 2010 with a £27.8 million media spend. Confused.com ranked second with a spend of £20.5 million, according to Nielsen Media Research.
Isobel declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- GROUP PUBLIC RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS EXECUTIVE Lincoln College £26,000 - £27,000 p.a., Lincoln, Lincolnshire
- Account Director The Great & The Good £50000 - £55000 per annum, West End
- Insight Lead - Clientside Hasson Associates £40,000 - £44,000, Sussex
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £35,000-£42,000, London (Greater)
- CRM Analyst Stopgap £35000 per annum, London
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign