Isobel wins price comparison pitch
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 July 2011 12:50PM
Mutuelle Du Mans Assurances, the owner of the Swinton insurance brand, has chosen Isobel to handle advertising for the launch of a price comparison site with a reported £20 million budget.
The independent agency beat off competition from Beattie McGuinness Bungay in a pitch process through the AAR. Beta had also been involved in the review, but pulled out in April.
The site, which is expected to launch next year, will compete against the rival sites including Gocompare.com, Comparethemarket.com, Confused.com and Money-supermarket.com. It is understood that MMA intends to match the marketing investment of the leading UK sites with a budget that will exceed £20 million.
Gocompare.com was the top spender in the sector in 2010 with a £27.8 million media spend. Confused.com ranked second with a spend of £20.5 million, according to Nielsen Media Research.
Isobel declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Digital Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne