Jam hires Wayne Deakin as creative director
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 July 2011 11:15AM
Engine's social media agency, Jam, has hired Wayne Deakin, the digital creative director of Jung Von Matt, as its creative director.
Deakin's appointment to the newly created role marks the end of a six-month search for a creative head.
In his new role, Deakin will be responsible for helping to grow Jam's creative reputation, working across accounts including Sky, Samsung and Odeon. He will work closely with Alex Miller, the agency's managing director.
Deakin has spent the past eight months at Jung Von Matt, initially joining on a freelance basis. Before that, he had been the group creative director of 20:20, and has also spent time at agencies including Saatchi & Saatchi, Euro RSCG and Leo Burnett. In 2007, he founded Seed, an ad agency specialising in music and youth lifestyle brands.
Miller said: "Wayne is a significant hire for us and signifies the success we have seen in the past 12 months and ambitions for the future."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Co-ordinator AF Selection Up to £25,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager Source £150 - £180 per day, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned