Jam hires Wayne Deakin as creative director
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 July 2011 11:15AM
Engine's social media agency, Jam, has hired Wayne Deakin, the digital creative director of Jung Von Matt, as its creative director.
Deakin's appointment to the newly created role marks the end of a six-month search for a creative head.
In his new role, Deakin will be responsible for helping to grow Jam's creative reputation, working across accounts including Sky, Samsung and Odeon. He will work closely with Alex Miller, the agency's managing director.
Deakin has spent the past eight months at Jung Von Matt, initially joining on a freelance basis. Before that, he had been the group creative director of 20:20, and has also spent time at agencies including Saatchi & Saatchi, Euro RSCG and Leo Burnett. In 2007, he founded Seed, an ad agency specialising in music and youth lifestyle brands.
Miller said: "Wayne is a significant hire for us and signifies the success we have seen in the past 12 months and ambitions for the future."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager air recruitment £28k-£35k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign