Jam hires Wayne Deakin as creative director
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 July 2011 11:15AM
Engine's social media agency, Jam, has hired Wayne Deakin, the digital creative director of Jung Von Matt, as its creative director.
Deakin's appointment to the newly created role marks the end of a six-month search for a creative head.
In his new role, Deakin will be responsible for helping to grow Jam's creative reputation, working across accounts including Sky, Samsung and Odeon. He will work closely with Alex Miller, the agency's managing director.
Deakin has spent the past eight months at Jung Von Matt, initially joining on a freelance basis. Before that, he had been the group creative director of 20:20, and has also spent time at agencies including Saatchi & Saatchi, Euro RSCG and Leo Burnett. In 2007, he founded Seed, an ad agency specialising in music and youth lifestyle brands.
Miller said: "Wayne is a significant hire for us and signifies the success we have seen in the past 12 months and ambitions for the future."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film