Old Spice introduces Italian hunk Fabio
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 July 2011 11:20AM
Old Spice has bought in a new Old Spice Italian hunk, Fabio, in a series of viral ads.
The Italian model and actor appears on the YouTube channel, New Old Spice Guy Fabio.
One of the online ads feature the Italian lothario rolling awkwardly on the top of a grand piano asking women if they like new Old Spice.
Another ad shows Fabio looking through a telescope in the jungle with comical wind blowing through his ever growing hair.
The ads created by Wieden+Kennedy Portland, are expected to launch on TV. However, Fabio is not expected to replace Old Spice's original hunk Isaiah Mustafa.
Mustafa appeared in the last Old Spice for its new scent Danger Zone, which launched in April. The ad featured 'Danger Zone Man' as he suavely makes his way through jungle challenges, which increases in their level of risk and bodily harm.
Last month Wieden+Kennedy Portland swept the board at the D&AD awards, receiving a total of nine awards for its Old Spice 'The Man Your Man Could Smell Like" campaign. The Old Spice work picked up two Black Pencils, one in the TV Commercial Campaign category and another in the 'TV commercials 21- to 40-seconds' category.
Fabio also appeared in a 1996 'I Can't Believe it's not Butter' ad by McCann Erickson New York.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Creative Web Designer Forward Role Recruitment £35,000 - 45,000, Manchester - Cheshire
- ADVERTISING SALES DIRECTOR- DUBLIN 114,000 Euro package Base 85,000 Euros Mark Paine Recruitment £85,000 Euros base .+ car allowance + bonus OTE, Dublin
- Art Director to £60,000 plus benefits - Bath - Children's books Mark Paine Recruitment to £60,000 plus benefits, Bath, Somerset
- SENIOR WEB COMMERCIAL MANAGER - to 60k East Midlands. 40 mins from Leicester. 1 hr from London Mark Paine Recruitment £50,000 to £60,000 plus generous benefits, East Midlands Region
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Campaign Viral Chart: Huggies 3D-printed ultrascan makes top spot
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7